Delphi 2.0 with Windows NT 3.51 -- Should I go For it

Currently use Delphi 2.0 with Windows 95.
Looks like we may migrate to NT Server and Windows NT for Workgroups.
I Love Delphi and Like WIN95 and the two seem to work fine.

Q: Is there anything at all that I should watchout for if we go
Windows NT 3.51 ( Will move to 4.0 -- after first service pack :-) )

Thank you

Cr...@inforamp.net

Re:Delphi 2.0 with Windows NT 3.51 -- Should I go For it

In article <4pthld$...@news.inforamp.net>,

Craig Weatherford <cr...@inforamp.net> wrote:

>Currently use Delphi 2.0 with Windows 95.
>Looks like we may migrate to NT Server and Windows NT for Workgroups.
>I Love Delphi and Like WIN95 and the two seem to work fine.

>Q: Is there anything at all that I should watchout for if we go
>Windows NT 3.51 ( Will move to 4.0 -- after first service pack :-) )

I use D2 on NT3.51/WS SP4 and it seems to be working fine. I also have
another machine with D2 on W'95, I find myself using the W'95 machine
most of the time, the interface is easier to use for me.

Now, when you were talking about the SP - Is it an NT SP or Delphi SP you
were refering to ? <g>

Ron.

--
Ron Loewy, HyperAct, Inc. +1 (515) 987 2910  | rlo...@hyperact.com
Authoring tools and Delphi components - try us!

Craig Weatherford wrote:

> Currently use Delphi 2.0 with Windows 95.
> Looks like we may migrate to NT Server and Windows NT for Workgroups.
> I Love Delphi and Like WIN95 and the two seem to work fine.

> Q: Is there anything at all that I should watchout for if we go
> Windows NT 3.51 ( Will move to 4.0 -- after first service pack :-) )

> Thank you

> Cr...@inforamp.net

I've run D2 under NT 3.51 and NT 4 beta 2, without problem. Some nice things you'll
appreciate w/ NT and D2 - you can access 16-bit ODBC, and crash recovery is
excellent.

-Bryan

rlo...@panix.com (Ron Loewy) wrote:
>Now, when you were talking about the SP - Is it an NT SP or Delphi SP you
>were refering to ? <g>
>Ron.

It was the Windows Service Pack.
Thank you all for the comments.  I think we will be moving to NT
Server 3.51 with Service Pack 4 in about 1 to 2 weeks.  Keeping my
fingers crossed.

Caig

Other Threads