TUTIL

downloaded the source.  does not seem to work with passwords.  is this true,
and, if so, what's the work around?

thanks.

Re:TUTIL

Gregg R. Zegarelli wrote:

> downloaded the source.  does not seem to work with passwords.  is this true,
> and, if so, what's the work around?
> thanks.

TUTILITY respects passwords (if correctly supplied to it), but
unfortunately, it also strips them off the repaired table.  Other
products exist which generally do not use  TUTILITY at all -- and I
think that's the best solution.  But of course I'm biased.  Let's just
say that TUTILITY is not the be-all and end-all of what can be done to
repair a Paradox table in a hurry.

> Got Paradox/Delphi database corruption headaches?  ChimneySweep{tm} can help, FAST!
> http://www.sundialservices.com/cs3web.htm

Re:TUTIL

>downloaded the source.  does not seem to work with passwords.  is this true,
>and, if so, what's the work around?

Try one of these
 3rd party table repair utilities.
DataSentry Data Maintenance Utility -- free, full
featured trial available for download at http://www.logicprocess.com.

"Out And About's" TUtility VCL components
interface to TUtil*.dll for budget bucks.
You'll find them at www.o2a.com

 http://www.bpsoftware.com/products/tbu.htm, which is B&P
Table Utilities.  The latest release of this product has been released, it
now includes the ability to save a tables structure to text file.

ChimneySweep from Sundial Services provides batched (scripted) table
repair/maintenance for the all the tables in a database does not use Tutility.

PdxRbld www.rksolution.cz/delphi/delphi.htm
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:TUTIL

i suppose that i can always wrap TUTIL into a remove password and add
password routine.  i really wanted to use the source, and particularly
wanted to stay with inprise code and tutil.  any other work arounds??

Re:TUTIL

The 3rd party add-on from Out and About
is just some components to make the dll easier to use.
You still use Borland's code to fix the file.
Out and About obviously did a lot of research and provides
a lot of info that is probably worth the cost of the add-on
even if you don't use the product.  (My opinion only.)

Gregg R. Zegarelli <g...@zegarelli.com> wrote in message

> i suppose that i can always wrap TUTIL into a remove password and add
> password routine.  i really wanted to use the source, and particularly
> wanted to stay with inprise code and tutil.  any other work arounds??

Re:TUTIL

>i suppose that i can always wrap TUTIL into a remove password and add
>password routine.  i really wanted to use the source, and particularly
>wanted to stay with inprise code and tutil.  any other work arounds??

Try this one it includes code and is based on Tutilty
PdxRbld www.rksolution.cz/delphi/delphi.htm

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:TUTIL

Hmm... How about that Tutil32.dll wich I still hasn't found anywhere... ? Is
it for download or do I have to pay someone for this ?

Regards
Toke Herkild

Brian Bushay TeamB <BBus...@Nmpls.com> wrote in message

> >i suppose that i can always wrap TUTIL into a remove password and add
> >password routine.  i really wanted to use the source, and particularly
> >wanted to stay with inprise code and tutil.  any other work arounds??

> Try this one it includes code and is based on Tutilty
> PdxRbld www.rksolution.cz/delphi/delphi.htm

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:TUTIL

Look at http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html.  It should be
there,

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Learning is finding out what you already know.  Doing is demonstrating that you

Other Threads