BDE 5.01/Paradox Thread Problem Help Needed!

Hi all,

Are there any known issues with Paradox tables in a thread?
When the thread terminates it leaves lots of open file handles pointing to
the NetfileDir. Also plenty of memory disappears as well.

My D4 project:
Creates a thread, in its execute procedure it writes some log lines, creates
one session, database and 4 tables and 1 query , opens the tables, closes
database, session and frees all objects, thread is closed and freed, at
least the main thread writes some log lines as well.

When the app. is launched I count 68 open file handles.
After executing 100 loops I end up with 170 handles.

After the first thread terminated in a loop of 100 GetHeapStatus says:
Heap: Uncommitted=950272, Committed=98304, Allocated=55920, Free=37944,
FreeSmall=37944, FreeBig=0, Unused=0, Overhead=4440

After 100 loops:
Heap: Uncommitted=950272, Committed=98304, Allocated=60748, Free=32336,
FreeSmall=28236, FreeBig=4100, Unused=0, Overhead=5220

What is going on here??

Any hint is appreciate

Regards
Arno

Re:BDE 5.01/Paradox Thread Problem Help Needed!

Forgot something, there is a main session and some tables open in the main
thread as well.

Thanks
Arno

"Arno Garrels" <arno.garr...@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi all,

> Are there any known issues with Paradox tables in a thread?
> When the thread terminates it leaves lots of open file handles pointing to
> the NetfileDir. Also plenty of memory disappears as well.

> My D4 project:
> Creates a thread, in its execute procedure it writes some log lines,
creates
> one session, database and 4 tables and 1 query , opens the tables, closes
> database, session and frees all objects, thread is closed and freed, at
> least the main thread writes some log lines as well.

> When the app. is launched I count 68 open file handles.
> After executing 100 loops I end up with 170 handles.

> After the first thread terminated in a loop of 100 GetHeapStatus says:
> Heap: Uncommitted=950272, Committed=98304, Allocated=55920, Free=37944,
> FreeSmall=37944, FreeBig=0, Unused=0, Overhead=4440

> After 100 loops:
> Heap: Uncommitted=950272, Committed=98304, Allocated=60748, Free=32336,
> FreeSmall=28236, FreeBig=4100, Unused=0, Overhead=5220

> What is going on here??

> Any hint is appreciate

> Regards
> Arno