Converting Access Tables to SQL Server 7

I am aware that converting Access tables to SQL Server is relatively easy...
however, I donot know the limitations of SQL Server.  Can SQL Server support
unicode?  Furthermore, the naming convention for tables and fields in SQL
Server may differ from that of Access... I mean... can I have spaces in the
names of the tables and fields?

Also... I have already designed an online database using Access technology
through ADO... with a settings file that contains all the elements for the
connection string.  So, when I transfer to SQL Server 7, all I would need to
do other than converting the database is changing this string.  Would this
be correct to assume?

Thanks for any assistance...

Steve Kothenbeutel
spookysni...@hotmail.com
E-Mail replies are greatly appreciated.

Re:Converting Access Tables to SQL Server 7

>I am aware that converting Access tables to SQL Server is relatively easy...
>however, I donot know the limitations of SQL Server.  Can SQL Server support
>unicode?

Yes version 7 or above do.

> Furthermore, the naming convention for tables and fields in SQL
>Server may differ from that of Access... I mean... can I have spaces in the
>names of the tables and fields?

Yes but it is a poor practice to use them.

>Also... I have already designed an online database using Access technology
>through ADO... with a settings file that contains all the elements for the
>connection string.  So, when I transfer to SQL Server 7, all I would need to
>do other than converting the database is changing this string.  Would this
>be correct to assume?

It should work but may not work well.  It depends on how you designed you Access
application.  If you used queries instead of TableDirect to connect to your data
the conversion to SQL server should work well.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads