"List Index Out of Bounds" ????!!!! HELP!

Having worked in Delphi 1.0 C/S I thought I had it all figured out, but
this latest bug is driving me crazy. Scenario as follows:

Environment: Delphi 2.0 Developer under Windows 95

Application: Data Pump from MS-Access 2.0 to FoxPro 2.6

* * *

2 Forms: One is a Data Module, the other is a simple form with DBGrids

The data module has two Database components, one pointing to an ODBC
connection to MS Access 2.0 and the other to a FoxPro 2.6 database.

When the application is run, I get a "List Index out of bounds" error
even though not a single line of code has been executed.

If I remove the data module (from the Auto-Create list), the application
will run, albeit with no data in the grids (Data Module not-enabled).

What on earth is going on here? I am not doing *anything* with TStrings,
list boxes, etc. yet I keep getting a List Index out of Bounds.

I am hoping that Borland comes out with some patches to fix Developer 2.0s
quirky behaivour under Windows 95. Thanks in advance for any help you
can offer.

Tracy Norris
tnor...@hti.net

Re:"List Index Out of Bounds" ????!!!! HELP!

Tracy Norris (tnor...@hti.net) wrote:

: Having worked in Delphi 1.0 C/S I thought I had it all figured out, but
: this latest bug is driving me crazy. Scenario as follows:

: Environment: Delphi 2.0 Developer under Windows 95

: Application: Data Pump from MS-Access 2.0 to FoxPro 2.6

: * * *

[...]

Hi Tracy!

I am using Delphi2.0 CS Suite and encountered the same problem when
upgrading one of my project to 2.0. The error (bug, I believe) seems to be
related to DBGrid and some internal "list index" inside it. I got this
exception when I cycled through a TTable's records which the DBGrid was
connected to. It went away after I inserted .DisableControls/.EnableControls
lines into my code (which I should have done anyway) - still I believe that
this behaviour is buggy. What is new to me is that you get it without
executing any code at all- ??!!??
I have not been able to do more research on the problem. To tell
the truth, I got so many others that I could not yet decide which one to
tackle first...
I definitely agree with what you write about patches to fix this.
Still I hope you finally get things running,

                                                   Andy

Other Threads