How do I read in from a serial port

I'm tyring to learn more in pascal, but I can't figure out how to use
the Port and PortW commands...

Also does SWAG have a descrete FFT?...

Thanks for the help...

Oh yeah ...reply to Va...@ksu.ksu.edu

Re:How do I read in from a serial port

In article: <4bo15p$...@scout.ksu.ksu.edu>  va...@ksu.ksu.edu (Stephen Lee) writes:

> I'm tyring to learn more in pascal, but I can't figure out how to use
> the Port and PortW commands...

The PORT and PORTW Commands allow direct access to the hardware ports:

PORT is Used To Access 1 Byte Ports
PORTW is USed To Access 1 Word Ports

EG.

Var
  INBYTE : BYTE;
  OUTBYTE : BYTE;
Begin
  INBYTE:=PORT[$3F8]; {INBYTE IS WHATS ON SERIAL PORT}
  OUTBYTE:=$FF;
  PORT[$3F8]:=OUTBYTE; {SERIAL PORT = WHAT OUTBYTE IS}
End.

NOTE
====
  Serial Communications are very complex and require a lot more than the above(the above
is just examples of the port Function/Variable

*                               Jason Taylor                              *
*                       EMAIL JA...@LLAINWEN.DEMON.CO.UK                  *
*                       LLAINWEN,GLANRHYD,CARDIGAN,DYFED, UK.             *

On 28 Dec 95 (23:28), va...@ksu.ksu.edu wrote:

> I'm tyring to learn more in pascal, but I can't figure out how to use
> the Port and PortW commands...

Looking at your subject I suppose you want to do some serial I/O.
You could take a look at http://www.muc.de/~stephanm/terminalprg.html

Stephan

 Stephan A. Maciej   step...@maciej.muc.de   http://www.muc.de/~stephanm