Question: Animation application written using Borland Delphi

I'm posting this question for a friend, please reply by email to

        idhar...@meto.gov.uk

as I don't have regular access to USENET.

HOW DO I PREVENT TIMAGE.LOADFROMFILE METHOD FROM CLEARING BEFORE PAINTING?

Can anybody help a beginning Delphi 2.0 (NT) User?
I am trying to create a simple animation application that works simply by
repeatedly using the LoadFromFile method of a Timage object (not the fastest
or most efficient way of doing things but it serves my purposes!).
The problem is that this results in the existing image being deleted before
the new one is painted.  From what I can tell this is a result of the
inherited Update method which calls the WM_Paint windows API method.
I know nothing about windows API and am hoping that either I have traced
this behaviour incorrectly and there is a Delphi level method I can override
to prevent this behaviour, or there is a far simpler method I have not yet
encountered/overlooked which I can use to load an image without invoking this
behaviour.
Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this :-)

Imtiaz Dharssi
idhar...@meto.gov.uk