Code Signing

I am developing a couple of ActiveForms and I am having a problem.  I
create the form, compile it and deploy it fine.  When I run the sample .HTM
file, it says Installing Components...  After that I get a little red X in
the upper left corner and that's it.   I tried setting my security to None
but no luck.  I don't HAVE to get a code sign do I?

SR

Re:Code Signing

Snot Rocket wrote:
> I am developing a couple of ActiveForms and I am having a problem.  I
> create the form, compile it and deploy it fine.  When I run the sample
> .HTM
> file, it says Installing Components...  After that I get a little red
> X in
> the upper left corner and that's it.   I tried setting my security to
> None
> but no luck.  I don't HAVE to get a code sign do I?

> SR

No, you don't need to sign it.

I had exactly the same problem with the activeform internet
installation.

What fixed it for me was being VERY careful about the codebase parameter
in the .HTM file that is created.  If you aren't using an http server,
and the file is in c:\foo\bar\baz.ocx then you'll need the
codebase=file://c|/foo/bar/baz.ocx

Then it worked for me.

CJK

Re:Code Signing

I too have had this problem.  It appeared to me that if you dont compile it
with a runtime license(sp?) it works.  It was the lisence(sp? again) that I
think was causing this - try it and see :)

______________________________________

J. A. Frater
jfra...@cripton.com
http://www.cripton.com

http://www.microsoft.com/ie/default.asp
^^^ Click here to start!
 Snot Rocket wrote in article <01bc87f4$88fd4180$2f060...@tacky.kcts.sprinti
sp.net>...

>I am developing a couple of ActiveForms and I am having a problem.  I
>create the form, compile it and deploy it fine.  When I run the sample
.HTM
>file, it says Installing Components...  After that I get a little red X
in
>the upper left corner and that's it.   I tried setting my security to
None
>but no luck.  I don't HAVE to get a code sign do I?

>SR

Other Threads