DCOM Servers Under NT

Hi

In chapter 20 of Charlie Calvert's book Delphi 4 Unleashed he states that
before NT4/SP3 DCOM servers had to be built as executables (EXEs) but SP3
added the ability to build DCOM servers into DLLs.

Anybody know how to do that?

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

Re:DCOM Servers Under NT

Hello,

COM provides a hosting mechanism wherein you can host your DLL DCOM servers
in another executable. The default host for COM/DCOM is DLLHOST.EXE and you
have to explicitly register your DLL to be hosted by that executable
(details of this can be found in Inside DCOM by the Eddons). It is very
possible (though I'm not sure) that the DLLHOST capability only works
properly since SP3.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc

Frederick C. Wilt wrote in message <7c9ec9$m4...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi

>In chapter 20 of Charlie Calvert's book Delphi 4 Unleashed he states that
>before NT4/SP3 DCOM servers had to be built as executables (EXEs) but SP3
>added the ability to build DCOM servers into DLLs.

>Anybody know how to do that?

>Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

Other Threads