BLOB > 32K with Sybase Database

Hi everybody

We have Problems with Blob-Fields bigger than 32K using Sybase SQL Anywhere.
For Instance we want to save a blobfield into Sybase Database and later get
it out from it.
The following sequence does not work:

Insert Stream into table (BLOB field):

  FQuery.open;
  FQuery.insert;

TBlobField(FQuery.FieldByName('Blobfield')).LoadFromStream(MyMemoryStream);
  FQuery.post;

Select BLOB field from table:

  TBlobField(FQuery.FieldByName('Blobfield')).SaveToStream(MyMemoryStream);

It works with Paradox, but not with Sybase.

We appreciate any answer.

J.Steinemann

Re:BLOB > 32K with Sybase Database

Version 5.505 fixes this problem and adds "Delphi applications" into config
dialog.

Don't know for ASA 6.x
--
----------------------
Regards

Steinemann wrote in message <7ups6b$n...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hi everybody

>We have Problems with Blob-Fields bigger than 32K using Sybase SQL
Anywhere.
>For Instance we want to save a blobfield into Sybase Database and later get
>it out from it.

Re:BLOB > 32K with Sybase Database

Do you have any more specific info on this?  I downloaded and installed
the new SQL Anywhere Version 5.5.05 from the Sybase web site.  I then
reconfigured the ODBC driver by selecting the new "Delphi Applications"
option.  However, when I then ran our application (written in Delphi
3.0), it still would not write to the database text >32K that we typed
into a memo field.  Am I missing something or some setting?

> Version 5.505 fixes this problem and adds "Delphi applications" into
config
> dialog.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.