programs developed w/ D4 on WinME and Win2000?

Does anyone know if there would be any problems taking a program that
was *developed* on a Win95 machine running Delphi4,  and installing it
and running it on  WinME and/ or Win2k?

Also would D6 run on Win95?

Thanks
Clare

Re:programs developed w/ D4 on WinME and Win2000?

I don't think there'd be a problem.  I wrote a text editor and it ran
perfectly on my friend's WinME computer.  It probably also depends what type
of program it is, or what it should do.

Later

J o H a N   <<< johanmeiring at yahoo.com >>>

"Clare" <Clar...@takethisout.usadotnet> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if there would be any problems taking a program that
> was *developed* on a Win95 machine running Delphi4,  and installing it
> and running it on  WinME and/ or Win2k?

> Also would D6 run on Win95?

> Thanks
> Clare

Re:programs developed w/ D4 on WinME and Win2000?

Windows ME probably won't be a problem.
With Windows 2000 you might run into some problems, because your application
won't be allowed access to certain parts of the system (e.g. hardware,
registry etc.).

"Clare" <Clar...@takethisout.usadotnet> schreef in bericht

> Does anyone know if there would be any problems taking a program that
> was *developed* on a Win95 machine running Delphi4,  and installing it
> and running it on  WinME and/ or Win2k?

> Also would D6 run on Win95?

> Thanks
> Clare

Re:programs developed w/ D4 on WinME and Win2000?

On WinMe, my TImages ignores the Transparent:=True property. No problems on
Win98. Anybody had the same behavior?

"Clare" <Clar...@takethisout.usadotnet> a crit dans le message news:
3b4f3208.1834...@news.flex.com...

> Does anyone know if there would be any problems taking a program that
> was *developed* on a Win95 machine running Delphi4,  and installing it
> and running it on  WinME and/ or Win2k?

> Also would D6 run on Win95?

> Thanks
> Clare