Paradox 7 and Delphi

Mark Alexander (m...@gate.net) wrote:

: Has anyone using Delphi upgraded to Paradox 7? I'm concerned about
: dropping in a 32 bit database engine under a 16 bit RAD tool.
:
: Better yet, when is a 32 bit Delphi available?
:
: Mark
:

I doubt it.  Paradox 7 was just released to manufacturing a couple days
ago.  It should probably hit the shelves in a couple weeks.

-Mike

Re:Paradox 7 and Delphi

        If you install 7.0, it doesn't replace the 16 bit idapi. The files used
for the 32 bit idapi are completely seperate in all cases including idapi.cfg
so you've got nothing to worry about, and it works fine for me...

--
Delphi and Paradox Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
            Web Page being relocated- want to provide space?

Borland supplied disclaimer: The services I provide via this message
and all consulting services I may provide are in no way associated with

Re:Paradox 7 and Delphi

Mark Alexander wrote:

> Has anyone using Delphi upgraded to Paradox 7? I'm concerned about
> dropping in a 32 bit database engine under a 16 bit RAD tool.

> Better yet, when is a 32 bit Delphi available?

> Mark

The 32-bit BDE will not be used by Delphi16 apps.  It will
coexist if you turn on LOCALSHARE in your IDAPI.CFG file.

-- Conrad Herrmann

Other Threads