Multiple Application 'States'

All,

    Does anyone know of a componant that can help me implement multiple
states within my application? What I'm after is a way of capturing the state
of all of the componants on a form, along with key events, etc, into some
form of State object, so that the user can swich from one mode to the next
easilly. A way of manipulating this information at designtime, (say, through
the object inspector) would be nice too. Is there anything like that?
Presumably it would have to implement something allong the lines of
Data-Aware components - the 'Mediator' pattern I believe....

My thanks in advance,

Ben.

Re:Multiple Application 'States'

There was a component created over at UNDU http://www.undu.com/ I think it
was called IniOut or some such thing... I never used it but it looked
interesting.
>    Does anyone know of a componant that can help me implement multiple
>states within my application? What I'm after is a way of capturing the
state
>of all of the componants on a form, along with key events, etc, into some
>form of State object, so that the user can swich from one mode to the next
>easilly. A way of manipulating this information at designtime, (say,
through
>the object inspector) would be nice too. Is there anything like that?
>Presumably it would have to implement something allong the lines of
>Data-Aware components - the 'Mediator' pattern I believe....

Re:Multiple Application 'States'

A little more info, please. What do you mean by "mode"?
How many such modes are there? Are they fixed at design time
or can the user create his own?
Over how many forms do the modes operate?
How many forms are visible simultaneously?
Are there any background threads altering the state(s) asynchronously?

Bill Meakin.

Ben Hathaway wrote:

> All,

>     Does anyone know of a componant that can help me implement multiple
> states within my application? What I'm after is a way of capturing the state
> of all of the componants on a form, along with key events, etc, into some
> form of State object, so that the user can swich from one mode to the next
> easilly. A way of manipulating this information at designtime, (say, through
> the object inspector) would be nice too. Is there anything like that?
> Presumably it would have to implement something allong the lines of
> Data-Aware components - the 'Mediator' pattern I believe....

> My thanks in advance,

> Ben.

Other Threads