EPS files

Does anyone know of any routines to read and diplay EPS files?

Re:EPS files

rex saye <ras...@effect.net.au> wrote in message

> Does anyone know of any routines to read and diplay EPS files?

ImageLib (www.imagelib.com) or Lead Tools (www.leadtools.com )
can handle EPS format, but they'll cost some $s.

Delphi Graphics File Formats & Conversions
http://www.efg2.com/lab/library/delphi/graphics/FileFormatsAndConvers...

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:  http://www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  http://www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:EPS files

Earl F. Glynn wrote:
> ImageLib (www.imagelib.com) or Lead Tools (www.leadtools.com )
> can handle EPS format, but they'll cost some $s.

You sure they interpret a EPS file, and not just
any preview image that is embedded?

There is a big difference!

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Re:EPS files

Joe C. Hecht <joehe...@gte.net> wrote in message news:3749A3D2.7772@gte.net...

> Earl F. Glynn wrote:
> > ImageLib (www.imagelib.com) or Lead Tools (www.leadtools.com )
> > can handle EPS format, but they'll cost some $s.

> You sure they interpret a EPS file, and not just
> any preview image that is embedded?

> There is a big difference!

I only have Lead Tools API (and only version 7) and their documentation says:

"The image you read from an EPS file can be either a PostScript raster image or
an embedded TIFF image.  The image that you write to an EPS file is always a
PostScript raster image."

"For a PostScript raster image, you can read the following bits per pixel:  1,
8"

"For an embedded TIFF image, you can read the following bits per pixel:  1, 4,
8, 16, 24, 32."

"You can write only an 8-bit PostScript raster image, which is grayscale."

Someone with ImageLib will need to comment on its restrictions.

efg
_________________________________

Earl F. Glynn wrote:

> Joe C. Hecht <joehe...@gte.net> wrote in message news:3749A3D2.7772@gte.net...
> > Earl F. Glynn wrote:
> > > ImageLib (www.imagelib.com) or Lead Tools (www.leadtools.com )
> > > can handle EPS format, but they'll cost some $s.

> > You sure they interpret a EPS file, and not just
> > any preview image that is embedded?

> > There is a big difference!

> I only have Lead Tools API (and only version 7) and their documentation says:

> "The image you read from an EPS file can be either a PostScript raster image or
> an embedded TIFF image.  The image that you write to an EPS file is always a
> PostScript raster image."

> "For a PostScript raster image, you can read the following bits per pixel:  1,
> 8"

> "For an embedded TIFF image, you can read the following bits per pixel:  1, 4,
> 8, 16, 24, 32."

> "You can write only an 8-bit PostScript raster image, which is grayscale."

Yup, thats what I thought. Outside of GhostScript, I only know one place
to go for such an animal <G>

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Re:EPS files

Hi!
ImageLib can write only 8-bit grayscale image.
Do you know any lib about writing color image for EPS?

Andersen Chang

ander...@fineart.com.tw

Joe C. Hecht ???g??31 <3749D5C3.6...@gte.net>...

Andersen Chang wrote:

> Hi!
> ImageLib can write only 8-bit grayscale image.
> Do you know any lib about writing color image for EPS?

Unless you have a very special need, then it is very
silly to output a bitmap in EPS format. That being said,
if you are unable to find one, I will gladly do you one
for a couple of hundred dollars.

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht