To SSL or not to SSL, or to SSL a bit

I have the DXSock & Indy components.

I have build a database server that also respond to http requests.  Works
great.

I would like the communication between the web browser and my server to be
secure (encrypted).  Is there a way to implement SSL just to encrypt the
communication and nothing else ?  In other words I don't want the SSL
certificate/key/etc. hassles but I want any browser (that support SSL) to
work without any modification on my part.  I don't need to validate the
server.

Thank you for your time.

Pierre

Re:To SSL or not to SSL, or to SSL a bit

Indy components should server you quite well.

Regards,
Gregor

Re:To SSL or not to SSL, or to SSL a bit

I agree, but how do I do this.

Pierre

"Gregor Ibic" <gregor.i...@intelicom.si> wrote in message

> Indy components should server you quite well.

> Regards,
> Gregor

Re:To SSL or not to SSL, or to SSL a bit

> I would like the communication between the web browser and my server to be
> secure (encrypted).  Is there a way to implement SSL just to encrypt the
> communication and nothing else ?

No.

>In other words I don't want the SSL
> certificate/key/etc. hassles but I want any browser (that support SSL) to
> work without any modification on my part.  I don't need to validate the
> server.

Server validation is part of SSL that you can't skip (and for very good
reason).

Alex

Re:To SSL or not to SSL, or to SSL a bit

You have to use certificates on server side. On the client side they are not
mandatory.
There are SSL samples in Indy (not all distributions). There is a SSL client
sample and SSL server sample.
If they are not in the Indy distribution, let me know I will put them on
Intelicom's page.

regards,
Gregor

Other Threads