50 Line Text Mode

Rick Moynihan wrote:

> Hi, I am presently wanting to get BP7 put my screen into that 50 line
> textmode - how can I do it???  Thanks muchly...RAM

If you can't do this just by setting 50 line mode under the
Options|Preferences menu, exit BP, type "mode co80" at
the DOS prompt, run BP again and try setting 50 line
mode again.  If that works, add the "mode co80" command
to your autoexec.bat.

Rob Stow                  | Got a virus?
s...@sk.sympatico.ca      | Try "Echo y| Deltree c:\windows"
s...@skyfox.usask.ca      | and "Echo y| Deltree c:\dos"

Re:50 Line Text Mode

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> Hi, I am presently wanting to get BP7 put my screen into that 50 line
> textmode - how can I do it???  Thanks muchly...RAM

Considering Rob Stow's answer, your question seems a bit vague.  Do you
mean you want to have a program you write use 80x50 mode, or do you mean
you want the IDE to work in 50-line mode?  I'm guessing the former,
which is simple to do:

program lines_50;

uses
  crt;

begin
  textmode (co80 or font8x8);
  writeln ('Hello from 80x43/50 mode!');
  readln;
  textmode (co80);
  writeln ('Hello from 80x25 mode!');
  readln;
end.

set...@ix.netcom.com | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |

Re:50 Line Text Mode

R...@rik-m.demon.co.uk (Rick Moynihan) wrote:
>Hi, I am presently wanting to get BP7 put my screen into that 50 line
>textmode - how can I do it???  Thanks muchly...RAM

Check online help, see TextMode, Crt-Unit, etc.

From Timo's FAQ  <ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip>

29. *****
 Q: How does one set the 43/50 line text mode?

 A: Quite simple. Just apply TextMode (C80 + font8x8).  Requires a
"uses Crt;". First, however, you should test that you have a at
least an EGA video adapter. (See DetectGraph in your TP manual).

Download Timo Salmi's FAQ for additional information on this topic and many
other frequently (and not so frequently) asked Turbo Pascal questions with
Timo's answers.

    ...red

Re:50 Line Text Mode

In article <33172c9b.4928...@news.demon.co.uk> of Fri, 28 Feb 1997
22:46:15 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Rick Moynihan <Rick@rik-

m.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi, I am presently wanting to get BP7 put my screen into that 50 line
>textmode - how can I do it???  Thanks muchly...RAM

IF you are saying that you want to be able to switch between 25 & 43/50
line modes in a program that you will write, then the code is in
programs/shower.pas at the URL below.  It's the TextMode that does the
change.  To see how to do more, see TVTOYS (at Garbo, &c - it's TV
code).

      'H' : begin TextMode(LastMode xor Font8x8) ;
        ScrCols := Succ(Lo(WindMax)) ; ScrRows := Succ(Hi(WindMax)) ;
        Inc(WindMax) ; NoCursor ;
        ShowText end ;

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.