<MemoField> is an unsupported type

How do I save the contents of a dBase Memo field using a TUpdateSQL
component.  You are unable to include a Memo field InsertSQL or
ModifySQL SQL field list.  I receive the execption: <fieldname> is an
unsupported type.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,
Mike J.

Re:<MemoField> is an unsupported type

Michael Jensen <mxjen...@alpha1.excell.net> wrote:
>How do I save the contents of a dBase Memo field using a TUpdateSQL
>component.  You are unable to include a Memo field InsertSQL or
>ModifySQL SQL field list.  I receive the execption: <fieldname> is an
>unsupported type.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>Regards,
>Mike J.

Hi,

I wrote my own procedure to generate the SQL statement. I'm using
MSSQL 6.5. I'm passing memo's as strings, for instance

'My memo' or 'My name is ''Peter'''

Quotes should be doubled. The same problem arises with image fields.
The syntax for image data is

0x05564F3E..., where every byte is passed as hex value.

Good luck,

Peter van der Pols.

Other Threads