Access 2000 (.adp) needs MSDE with ADO?

I have a Delphi project with Ado and Access2000 .adp file using ado.
On cliente machine, only with MDAC 2.1 installed the application don't
initialize generating a database error.
On my machine I have Office 2000 Premium (and MSDE that comes with)
installed and everything is ok.
In the case of have MSDE an MDAC installed together i have a question: How
to install MSDE is it freely distributable?

Thanks.

Joao.

Re:Access 2000 (.adp) needs MSDE with ADO?

    You MSDE must be available at your client machine and yes MSDE is free.

    But why are you accessing the data in MSDE using an Access ADP, i
understand that
    you can access it directly using ADO from Delphi.

Temistocles Roa <te...@compunetworks.com> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:81utf8$9...@forums.borland.com...

>     You MSDE must be available at your client machine and yes MSDE is
free.

>     But why are you accessing the data in MSDE using an Access ADP, i
> understand that
>     you can access it directly using ADO from Delphi.

I'm using ADO and in my PC with MSDE and MDAC installed everything is ok,
but when i run the application on a machine without MSDE but with MDAC 2.1
installed the application doesn't run.
Where can i get MSDE installable files? I tried to install the MSDE version
that came with my Office 2000 Premium an it requires Office 2000 files to
install.

Thank you Temistocles.

Re:Access 2000 (.adp) needs MSDE with ADO?

You can redist MSDE if you have an MS developer licence ie

Office2000 Developer or Visual Studio Pro/Ent

-Euan

"Jo?o" <jcadi...@uol.com.br> wrote in message

> I have a Delphi project with Ado and Access2000 .adp file using ado.
> On cliente machine, only with MDAC 2.1 installed the application don't
> initialize generating a database error.
> On my machine I have Office 2000 Premium (and MSDE that comes with)
> installed and everything is ok.
> In the case of have MSDE an MDAC installed together i have a question: How
> to install MSDE is it freely distributable?

> Thanks.

> Joao.

Re:Access 2000 (.adp) needs MSDE with ADO?

>In the case of have MSDE an MDAC installed together i have a question: How
>to install MSDE is it freely distributable?

MSDE and MDAC do not install together.  MDAC is freely distributable but MSDE
can only be distributed if you own  one of the Microsoft development products

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Access 2000 (.adp) needs MSDE with ADO?

Brian Bushay TeamB <BBus...@Nmpls.com> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:384f5253.38848009@floyd...

Thank you!

> --