rich text format (RTF) control + help with

hey all

i need some help here...

i need two things:

1) a richt text format (RTF) parser/edit control for my OWL application
(Borland Pascal 7.0) much like a tEdit control but i want to use coloured
text etc. C sources are also welcome :)

2) i can't figure out why my twindowsobject^.firstthat() won't work.. here's
how: if i make the called function (being 'far') INSIDE the calling routine
it's all OK.. like this:

  procedure tmywindow.calling;
  var
    p : pmychild;

    function isthisoneok (p : pwindowsobject) : boolean; far;
    begin
      if pmychild(p)^.myfunction = 0 then
        isthisoneok := true
      else
        isthisoneok := false;

    p := pmychild(firstthat(@isthisoneok);
    if (p <> nil) then .....
  end;

now this type DOESNT work:

  function isthisoneok (p : pwindowsobject) : boolean; far;
  begin
    if pmychild(p)^.myfunction = 0 then
      isthisoneok := true
    else
      isthisoneok := false;
  end;

  procedure tmywindow.calling;
  var
    p : pmychild;

  begin
    p := pmychild(firstthat(@isthisoneok);
    if (p <> nil) then .....
  end;

// note that 'isthisoneok' is now outsite the calling routine and not in the
object either... i tried the 'smart calling option' i used
'makeprocinstance' and all the shit.. NO HELP!!

thanks alot

| Laurens v. Alphen - l...@wirehub.net - http://www.wirehub.nl/~lva |