Program to insert excel into Access

Hello All,

I am learning delphi, begineer at present and wish to learn by writing
meaningful/helpful programs to me.

I wish to write a program that takes a worksheet from an excel spreadsheet
and inserts into an existing table within an access database.  No
modification to data required.

Can anyone give me an indication of how hard this is? i.e. is it
begineer/intermediate/expert.

Thanks Ragil

Re:Program to insert excel into Access

It will take two steps.

1) Export the spreadsheet into a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file.
2) Read and Parse the CSV file with the standard driver supplied with the BDE.

Then all you have to do is add the record.

Bill

In article <WBlSc.49768$K53.13...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
psion...@yahoo.com says...

>Hello All,

>I am learning delphi, begineer at present and wish to learn by writing
>meaningful/helpful programs to me.

>I wish to write a program that takes a worksheet from an excel spreadsheet
>and inserts into an existing table within an access database.  No
>modification to data required.

>Can anyone give me an indication of how hard this is? i.e. is it
>begineer/intermediate/expert.

>Thanks Ragil

Other Threads