Problem installing Delphi under NT4

I'm running a dual boot system, Win 95a and WinNT 4 Workstation, sp3.
I've installed Delphi 4 under Win95 with no problems. I booted to NT and
ran the install program, overwriting the existing files, but when I try
to start Delphi I get two error messages - the first says that Delphi
can't find Wininet.dll, the second says it can't find direct40.bpl.
Anybody have any ideas what's going on here? Or better yet, what these
files are, where I can find them, and where they should live?

Chuck Wingo
cwi...@atlcom.net

Re:Problem installing Delphi under NT4

Chuck,

You can ignore these errors, as far as the functionality of Delphi goes.  These
messages have to do with Delphi Direct.  When I find a way to quiet these
messages, I'll post it to this group.

--
------------------------
Richard

Re:Problem installing Delphi under NT4

I copied WININET.DLL from WIN 98 to the DELPHI directory which is in the path. This
solved the problem but it was followed by about the same msg but fpr SHLWAPI.DLL. I
did the same and now those messages are gone. Storing those 2 DLLs in Delphi
directory prevents to corrupt my system.

Jacques Pignat

Richard [Inprise] wrote:
> Chuck,

> You can ignore these errors, as far as the functionality of Delphi goes.  These
> messages have to do with Delphi Direct.  When I find a way to quiet these
> messages, I'll post it to this group.

> --
> Richard
> Delphi Developer Support
> www.inprise.com
> (I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Other Threads