BDE language drivers

Hi,
I am writing a small programm that converts foxpro db to XML file. I have
the problem, that dbf files are in cp895 (some very {*word*118} czech code page)
but when I read it through BDE it is somehow converted into an absolute
nonsence. I tried to play with these language drivers, but I can set
anything and it is ignored. Is there any way how to tell BDE that he must
really use it?

Thanx in advance Ales Voderka

Re:BDE language drivers

ales voderka (ales.vode...@e-bs.cz) wrote:

: I am writing a small programm that converts foxpro db to XML file. I have
: the problem, that dbf files are in cp895 (some very {*word*118} czech code page)
: but when I read it through BDE it is somehow converted into an absolute
: nonsence. I tried to play with these language drivers, but I can set
: anything and it is ignored. Is there any way how to tell BDE that he must
: really use it?

I'm told that BDE support for Foxpro is unreliable, and,
now that the BDE is in maintenance mode and no longer in
development, it's doubtful it will ever be fixed.  If you
have an ongoing need to work with Foxpro tables, you may
want to check out alternatives to the BDE at
http://www.kylecordes.com/

If it's an isolated need to convert a Foxpro table, maybe
you can find a friend with other software to help you?
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu   Rick.Car...@ParadoxCommunity.com

Other Threads