Connectivity Issue with Delphi 3 & IB 4.2

We are using SCO Unix ( 5.04 ) & Interbase 4.2 & Delphi 3.02. BDE
4.51...

we are currently having a problem whereby a sole NT PC running NT 4
will not connect to the interbase server, yet 4 other PC's 2 NT and 2
Win
95 have no problems whatsoever. I have tried reloading the BDE / my
client application ( which is generated through installshield including
full BDE ),
and yet I get the following network message, yet all the PC's are almost
identical..

** When running appt... message:

Exception EDBEngineError in Module Appt.exe at 0006DAF2
Uknown database
Unable to complete network request to host "tower"
Failed to locate host machine
Undefined service gds_db/tcp
Alias: IBAPPT.

** Contained in Interbase log on client machine "Interbas.log"
TELE (Client) Mon Apr 27 16:14:09 1998
 INET/INET_connect: getservbyname failed, error code = 11004

I can ping/telent to the host refernced "tower", so i would assume the
TCP/IP part is
ok. Yet when starting the app, it failes to complete the network request
?

Anyone have any ideas ? I have put the question to Borland Australia and
await an answer... Just desperate to fix the problem..

Thanks in advance...

Bernard
Pro Medicus
bern...@promed.com.au

Re:Connectivity Issue with Delphi 3 & IB 4.2

Edit the file 'services' in the Windows-directory.
There should be a line with 'gds_db    3050/tcp'
(haven't got a working example here, check with another machine!)

Edwin

Danny Tauber heeft geschreven in bericht
<354714FC.73605...@promed.com.au>...

>We are using SCO Unix ( 5.04 ) & Interbase 4.2 & Delphi 3.02. BDE
>4.51...

>Exception EDBEngineError in Module Appt.exe at 0006DAF2
>Uknown database
>Unable to complete network request to host "tower"
>Failed to locate host machine
>Undefined service gds_db/tcp
>Alias: IBAPPT.

Other Threads