Setting current master record by searcing on detail table

With D5 and Advantage Local Server (which supplies TTable and TQuery
replacements)...

 I have no problem setting up the user to search the Master Table
(Company) by any number of indexes in order to find employees  in the
detail Table. Simple one-to-many.

But if the user only has an employee name and wants to know what company
they are associated with, then I am having trouble.  I don't believe I
can (or haven't found a way to) simply do a search on the child table
and have the master detail work "backwards", pulling the related master
record into view.

It's a snap to set up a search on the detail table using a seperate
TTable and  DataSource and use a TQuery to identify the Company (Master
Table). But I would like then to reset the  current record of the master
table to equal the current record of this search.

 This is so that the user can identify any (master) companay record from
any indexed field in the child table, then continue directly navigating
the database from that point.

My current (awkward) method requires the user  to memorize the rusult of
the child search and re-enter the appropriate value in the master search
fieled to get there.

TIA if anyone can help

 Angus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/