Assistance with OpenGL vs DirectX

Hello,

I am new to graphic programming in Delphi and I would like to know which
is the better graphics tool kit for programming games and/or animated
graphic such as a dog or person walking, running, talking and singing.
It seems as if OpenGl and DirectX are both used for graphics programming
however, I am not sure which would be better for my proramming such as a
dog running. Could someone also referring me to some web sites and/or
reference books which could help in my understanding in this area.

Thanks,
PM

Re:Assistance with OpenGL vs DirectX

OpenGL is for 3D graphics and it is scalable with
add-on hardware and it runs on other machines too.
DirectX is the cheap Windows solution.

DirectX is probably your choice.

Rene

PM wrote:

> Hello,

> I am new to graphic programming in Delphi and I would like to know which
> is the better graphics tool kit for programming games and/or animated
> graphic such as a dog or person walking, running, talking and singing.
> It seems as if OpenGl and DirectX are both used for graphics programming
> however, I am not sure which would be better for my proramming such as a
> dog running. Could someone also referring me to some web sites and/or
> reference books which could help in my understanding in this area.

> Thanks,
> PM

Other Threads