TTable won't open because of BLOB field in Oracle table

I have a TTable object that connects to an Oracle table through ODBC.
The Oracle table contains a BLOB field, and whenever my program tries
to open it through Delphi I get an error "Key violation. Invalid column
name." Apparently, Oracle won't let you do a "select * from ..." on a
table in which one of the fields is a BLOB. How do I get my table to
open? All I want to do is to do an "Insert" to the Dataset after I open
it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Muneeb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:TTable won't open because of BLOB field in Oracle table

I'm not sure, but have you tried "select a,b,c from" instead of "select
* from"?  The a,b,c, would be the column names.
muneebah...@my-deja.com wrote:

> I have a TTable object that connects to an Oracle table through ODBC.
> The Oracle table contains a BLOB field, and whenever my program tries
> to open it through Delphi I get an error "Key violation. Invalid column
> name." Apparently, Oracle won't let you do a "select * from ..." on a
> table in which one of the fields is a BLOB. How do I get my table to
> open? All I want to do is to do an "Insert" to the Dataset after I open
> it.

> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Muneeb