indy 9 SSL HEEEELP!

I am attempting to connect to a server programmatically with Indy. The
server comes back with invalid password and user name.
The software worked in the past, but the server has had an upgrade from
level 1 to 3 certificate.

This is NOT using a client side certificate, there is none, IE works fine, I
believe Indy is just broke.
Documentation at the indy site tells me I need the certificate, a key file
and a root level certificate. These files are not available ANY where.
Internet explorer works it has no personal certificate.

Please do not respond if you don't have an answer!

AGAIN LET ME STRESS there is NO personal client side certificate.  Just a
certificate on the server. https connection. Is the answer that indy is
broke, and does not work in my case? I have tried everything

HELP!

Re:indy 9 SSL HEEEELP!

Bruce Raisley wrote:
> I am attempting to connect to a server programmatically with Indy. The
> server comes back with invalid password and user name.
> The software worked in the past, but the server has had an upgrade from
> level 1 to 3 certificate.

> This is NOT using a client side certificate, there is none, IE works fine, I
> believe Indy is just broke.
> Documentation at the indy site tells me I need the certificate, a key file
> and a root level certificate. These files are not available ANY where.
> Internet explorer works it has no personal certificate.

> Please do not respond if you don't have an answer!

> AGAIN LET ME STRESS there is NO personal client side certificate.  Just a
> certificate on the server. https connection. Is the answer that indy is
> broke, and does not work in my case? I have tried everything

> HELP!

Could it be that OpenSSL is broke? What version of OpenSSL are you using
and did you build it yourself, or use a precompiled OpenSSL dll?  Indy
doesn't do its own SSL, and Internet Explorer does not use OpenSSL at
all, so you haven't perhaps drilled in enough to know which is having
the problem.

Warren

Other Threads