Switching to 43/50-lines in text mode

Hi all,

does by chance anyone know how to switch into 43/50-line text-mode
on a system using a VGA-graphic-adapter?

Actually I had a look at Ralph Brown's interrupt list, but in the
end I didn't really find *the* right code. I suspect that I will
have to try several possibilities but in that case the question
is which possibilities are the ones I should try?

Thanx in advance,

Bernd

Re:Switching to 43/50-lines in text mode

In article <340AE33C.4...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> of Mon, 1 Sep 1997
08:46:04 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Bernd Heutling

<Heutl...@mbox.ikph.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
>does by chance anyone know how to switch into 43/50-line text-mode
>on a system using a VGA-graphic-adapter?

>Actually I had a look at Ralph Brown's interrupt list, but in the
>end I didn't really find *the* right code. I suspect that I will
>have to try several possibilities but in that case the question
>is which possibilities are the ones I should try?

Try the on-line help for TextMode.  AFAIK, it's right.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ -- includes FAQqish topics and links.

Re:Switching to 43/50-lines in text mode

>does by chance anyone know how to switch into 43/50-line text-mode
>on a system using a VGA-graphic-adapter?

This is how to switch to 43/50-line mode with CRT unit:
  textmode(co80+font8x8)

This is how to switch into it without CRT:
  asm
     mov ax,1112h
     xor bl,bl
     int 10h