Generic/Text with Delphi 2

Problem:
With Windows95, when I print with a Generic/Text printer, at each lines
there is 3 Line Feed
instead of 1?

What is the problem???

There is the source:

AssignPrn(PrintText);
Rewrite(PrintText);
Printer.Canvas.Font := Memo1.Font;

For Line := 0 to Memo1.Lines.Count - 1 do
   Writeln(PrintText, Memo1.Lines[Line]);

CloseFile(PrintText);

Please help me!

Guylain
gpla...@quebectel.com

Re:Generic/Text with Delphi 2

Yes, I have the same problem. I tried several settings of my printer
and played around with the Win95 generic printer driver: obviousely
the problem is in Delphi, because when i simply copy a file to that
device, it's being printed well.

Anyone know what's wrong?????

"Guylain Plante" <gpla...@quebectel.com> wrote:
>Problem:
>With Windows95, when I print with a Generic/Text printer, at each lines
>there is 3 Line Feed
>instead of 1?
>What is the problem???
>There is the source:
>AssignPrn(PrintText);
>Rewrite(PrintText);
>Printer.Canvas.Font := Memo1.Font;
>For Line := 0 to Memo1.Lines.Count - 1 do
>   Writeln(PrintText, Memo1.Lines[Line]);
>CloseFile(PrintText);
>Please help me!
>Guylain
>gpla...@quebectel.com

Re:Generic/Text with Delphi 2

I am using the Generic Text driver to speed up printing in Win95.

I send each character to the printer line by line using the ESCAPE
routines - Allows me to set Bold, Condensed, draft etc for each
character/Line.

Interested further - email me for the code.

Brenton Wildman
Australia

B. Weikert wrote:

> Yes, I have the same problem. I tried several settings of my printer
> and played around with the Win95 generic printer driver: obviousely
> the problem is in Delphi, because when i simply copy a file to that
> device, it's being printed well.

> Anyone know what's wrong?????

> "Guylain Plante" <gpla...@quebectel.com> wrote:

> >Problem:
> >With Windows95, when I print with a Generic/Text printer, at each lines
> >there is 3 Line Feed
> >instead of 1?

> >What is the problem???

> >There is the source:

> >***************************************************
> >AssignPrn(PrintText);
> >Rewrite(PrintText);
> >Printer.Canvas.Font := Memo1.Font;

> >For Line := 0 to Memo1.Lines.Count - 1 do
> >   Writeln(PrintText, Memo1.Lines[Line]);

> >CloseFile(PrintText);

> >Please help me!

> >Guylain