D4, BDE & MS Access 97

I have written a small app using Delphi 4 Pro, MS Access 97. I was under
the impression I was using the native MSACCESS driver.

When my client downloaded the 4Mb (Full BDE install + 791k program)
install program, it installed fine, asked for username and password,
then promptly gave him an error.

I downloaded the latest IS files from borland.com and tried again - no
luck.

The error message is:
Exception EDB Engine Error in Modules <blah blah>
Cannot load an IDAPI Service
Library file: MSJT3032.DLL

Bummer !

On a hunch I looked in IS's swdepend.ini and sure enough, the file
appears, but under the
 [ODBC Support]
section - go figure...

So.. I'm going to re-do the install program, and select:
Partial BDE installation
ODBC Driver

and see what happens.

I would like to hear from someone who actually knows what should be done
and how to do it.

Thanks,
Aaron

+-----------------
| Web: http://www.atomic-software.com.au
| Email: aaro...@atomic-software.com.au
| Fax/Phone: +61 3 9427 0073
| Mobile: 0409 430 231

Re:D4, BDE & MS Access 97

> So.. I'm going to re-do the install program, and select:
> Partial BDE installation
> ODBC Driver

> and see what happens.

> I would like to hear from someone who actually knows what should be done
> and how to do it.

Nope, that's no good at all.

Help, please.

TIA,
Aaron

--
| Atomic Software
| Internet Extranet Intranet Database Application Design
+-----------------
| Web: http://www.atomic-software.com.au
| Email: aaro...@atomic-software.com.au
| Fax/Phone: +61 3 9427 0073
| Mobile: 0409 430 231

Re:D4, BDE & MS Access 97

I have one problem too,  see...

 Access97 ODBC with  NEW VERSION OF  BDE  and have Office 97 installed on my
machine. When i attempt to connect to the access97 database, i get : Cannot
load an IDAPI service library. File : C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao3032.dll Alias : AliasName

SOLUTION: Office 97 comes with DAO3.5, but the BDE4.51 defaults to the
DAO3.0 driver. Open the BDE Admin and goto the native access driver and
change the dll32 to IDDA3532.dll. The Registry change is only necessary if
you wish to use DAO3.0

====

I dont't have others problems...

Re:D4, BDE & MS Access 97

"DRS" <simps...@removethis.ihug.com.au> wrote:
>I can't work out how to change it from IDAO3032.DLL to IDAO3532.DLL in the
>BDE Administrator.  Any hints as to what I might be doing wrong?

Do you know how to use a dropdown combobox?

BdeAdmin / Configuration / Drivers / Native / MSACCESS / DLL32

Click the current value, now click the dropdown arrow on the right.
Select the value required.

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Re:D4, BDE & MS Access 97

DRO <prests...@mailbr.com.br> wrote in message

> I have one problem too,  see...

>  Access97 ODBC with  NEW VERSION OF  BDE  and have Office 97 installed on
my
> machine. When i attempt to connect to the access97 database, i get :
Cannot
> load an IDAPI service library. File : C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao3032.dll Alias : AliasName

> SOLUTION: Office 97 comes with DAO3.5, but the BDE4.51 defaults to the
> DAO3.0 driver. Open the BDE Admin and goto the native access driver and
> change the dll32 to IDDA3532.dll. The Registry change is only necessary
if
> you wish to use DAO3.0

I can't work out how to change it from IDAO3032.DLL to IDAO3532.DLL in the
BDE Administrator.  Any hints as to what I might be doing wrong?

--

"Let the credulous and the vulgar continue to believe that all mental woes
can be cured by a daily application of old Greek myths to their private

Re:D4, BDE & MS Access 97

Chris Roberts <croberts_nils...@picknowl.com.au> wrote in message

[...]

> Do you know how to use a dropdown combobox?

> BdeAdmin / Configuration / Drivers / Native / MSACCESS / DLL32

> Click the current value, now click the dropdown arrow on the right.
> Select the value required.

Doh!  I never spotted the drop-down box.  Cheers.

--

"Let the credulous and the vulgar continue to believe that all mental woes
can be cured by a daily application of old Greek myths to their private
parts"
Nabokov on Freud

Other Threads