Delphi-IB to Oracle 8i -> PL/SQL

I want to migrate an Delphi 4.0 app running on  IB4 database to Oracle
8i database.
I am looking for a good tool to rewrite-migrate all my IB stored
procedures. I heard about TOAD.
(which  seems to work like delphi debuger)
What product is best for a Delphi programmer ?
Any advice ?

Thanks
Jose

Re:Delphi-IB to Oracle 8i -> PL/SQL

You could use "SQL-Navigator" edited by "Quest Software" @ www.quest.com

It's a powerful Oracle de{*word*81}.

You could  use VCLs "Direct Oracle Access" edited by "AllRound Automations"
@ http://www.allroundautomations.nl/downloads.html
It's mmore better than BDE !!!

Jose Mosquera a crit dans le message <38C3E6C0.E5C31...@vtx.ch>...

>I want to migrate an Delphi 4.0 app running on  IB4 database to Oracle
>8i database.
>I am looking for a good tool to rewrite-migrate all my IB stored
>procedures. I heard about TOAD.
>(which  seems to work like delphi debuger)
>What product is best for a Delphi programmer ?
>Any advice ?

>Thanks
>Jose

Re:Delphi-IB to Oracle 8i -> PL/SQL

I use TOAD and like it very much.  It has an optional de{*word*81}.  Both
these products are by Quest.  I haven't used their SQL Navigator.  DOA
is a substitute for the BDE for Oracle, and I recommend it highly.
PL/SQL is quite Pascal-like, and very easy for a Delphi programmer to
learn.

John

Re:Delphi-IB to Oracle 8i -> PL/SQL

> I want to migrate an Delphi 4.0 app running on  IB4 database to Oracle
> 8i database.
> I am looking for a good tool to rewrite-migrate all my IB stored
> procedures. I heard about TOAD.

TOAD is a great product. In addition, you should take a look at Direct
Oracle Access by All Around Automation. As long as you're going through
the migration process, you might as well get rid of the BDE, too.

Other Threads