Delphi 1 to 2(installation questions)

Hi,am new here.
Have just installed Delphi 1,during the installation my uninstaller
gave up the ghost,and has not recorded any installation.
Have looked in registry and system files and can only find reference
to some config files placed in the windows directory.
To uninstall this do you just remove all the relevant folders etc and
the pathway in autoexec.bat.
Only need to know this cause i`m thinking of upgrading.Or don`t i need
to uninstall 1 before installing 2 or 3.
If i need to know,could someone mail me an install.log or eqivalent.
Thanks
K.A.White

Re:Delphi 1 to 2(installation questions)

Keith,
  You don't have to uninstall Delphi 1.0 in order to install Delphi 2 (or I
presume 3.0) and, in fact, you may not want to.  Delphi 2.0 will only
create 32-bit (Win95/NT) programs so if you want to do any 16-bit work for
Win 3.1/WFW 3.11 you'll still need Delphi 1.  You can use both on the same
machine without any problems and programs developed using D1 under Win95
will run fine under Win3.1/3.11 although you should still test under Win3.1
to make sure.

As for your uninstall problem, I'm not sure if this will work but could you
just re-install D1 and let your uninstall program create a new log file and
the uninstall?  Not sure if this will work if the uninstaller records
changes since D1 is already there.

Hope this helps!
--
Rod Geraghty (:>)
GERA-Tech

Keith  <myf...@itl.net> wrote in article
<33200812.5012...@netcom-news.itl.net>...

> Hi,am new here.
> Have just installed Delphi 1,during the installation my uninstaller
> gave up the ghost,and has not recorded any installation.
> Have looked in registry and system files and can only find reference
> to some config files placed in the windows directory.
> To uninstall this do you just remove all the relevant folders etc and
> the pathway in autoexec.bat.
> Only need to know this cause i`m thinking of upgrading.Or don`t i need
> to uninstall 1 before installing 2 or 3.
> If i need to know,could someone mail me an install.log or eqivalent.
> Thanks
> K.A.White

Other Threads