Repaint Canvas???

Hi all,

My last problems with colored text is nearly solved now.

I use TCanvas to "paint" the chars on the form - it' s great because it
is ultra fast and I can set a different background and font color for
every character.

BUT:

While I move another window over my nice painted "Canvas"-window the
moved window destroys the whole painted area. :-(

The result is a trashed form with incomplete text and grey areas (where
the other window moved over).

The "colorfull" form is not repainted automatically by Windows32. Only
the form-frame will be repainted.

???Is there a possibility to "Repaint" the form while moving over
another window???

Thanx for your help,

Gerke Preu?ner

mailto:ge...@informatik.uni-rostock.de

Re:Repaint Canvas???

In article <353885B6.6...@informatik.uni-rostock.de>,

  ge...@informatik.uni-rostock.de wrote:

> Hi all,

> My last problems with colored text is nearly solved now.

> I use TCanvas to "paint" the chars on the form - it' s great because it
> is ultra fast and I can set a different background and font color for
> every character.

> BUT:

> While I move another window over my nice painted "Canvas"-window the
> moved window destroys the whole painted area. :-(

> The result is a trashed form with incomplete text and grey areas (where
> the other window moved over).

> The "colorfull" form is not repainted automatically by Windows32. Only
> the form-frame will be repainted.

> ???Is there a possibility to "Repaint" the form while moving over
> another window???

        Put the form-painting code in the form's OnPaint event handler.

Re:Repaint Canvas???

Classic phenomenon; normal Windows behaviour. Put all your stuff in
the FormPaint() event. Delphi/Windows will call it when needed to
repaint the form. You can force an update yourself by calling
Self.Repaint.

Regards,
Dirk Claessens
dirk.claessens@village.#NOSPAM#uunet.be
dirk.claessens.dc@belgium.#NOSPAM#agfa.com
remove #NOSPAM#  from mailheader

gerke heeft geschreven in bericht
<353885B6.6...@informatik.uni-rostock.de>...
|BUT:
|
|While I move another window over my nice painted "Canvas"-window the
|moved window destroys the whole painted area. :-(
|
|The result is a trashed form with incomplete text and grey areas
(where
|the other window moved over).

Other Threads