Problem using parameters to link data sources

I am having problem linking a query to a datasource using parameters.

I am using Delphi 2.0 Developer.
All Tables are Paradox 7.0.

Table1 has
LogID : Autoincrement Type And is a Key Field
and other fields that are not important...

Table2 has
LogID : Long Integer
Other Fields

Query1 has
SELECT LogID, ProblemID
FROM 'Table2.db'
WHERE LogID = :LogID

and the DataSource for Query1 is Table1Source.

Now, if I try to use the query I get an error message,
"Field 'LogID' is of an unsupprted type."

Somehow it is complaining that it can not use Autoicrement as a Parameter.
Is there something I missed?
If anyone has any idea about this problem, HELP MEEEEE!
Thanks!
Jay Nakamura
jnaka...@kiva.net

Re:Problem using parameters to link data sources

I could only get linking to work when I defined the data type of the
parameter in the parameters property (there is a pop-up property editor).
Select the longint type from the list for that parameter, and it should
work.

Unfortunately, I discovered that you (seemingly) can't link on any types
not in this list -- Access Jet 3.0 has a new GUID type that is 16 bytes
long, and is used as keys in replicable databases. I could not get linking
to work with this type.

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@hookup.net>  web: http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

Visit the Capitalism FAQ!: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~shadab/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Re:Problem using parameters to link data sources

>Query1 has
>SELECT LogID, ProblemID
>FROM 'Table2.db'
>WHERE LogID = :LogID

>and the DataSource for Query1 is Table1Source.

>Now, if I try to use the query I get an error message,
>"Field 'LogID' is of an unsupprted type."

>Somehow it is complaining that it can not use Autoicrement as a Parameter.

        This may be true, but I would start by naming your parameter something other
than the same as your field name.

_
NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any
problems, or RFC non-compliance, please report it to p...@pobox.com
Please do not report duplicates, as this is usually a manual resend
|Chad Z. Hower  -  phoe...@pobox.com                         |
|Phoenix Business Enterprises - p...@pobox.com - www.pbe.com  |
|Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure          |

>>SQUID - The ultimate 32 bit offline databasing reader

**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha)

Other Threads