Problem with qr4.01 on Windows 2000

I have an application that uses Quick Reports.  These reports have no code
in the Implementation section, and it has always worked fine under 95,98,
and NT.

I try to run the app under windows 2000, and it gives me an access violation
when my project source code says:

      Application.CreateForm(TqrVestTran, qrVestTran);

Has anyone run into this before, or know how I could fix it?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanx.

Re:Problem with qr4.01 on Windows 2000

Sorry, I am using whatever version of QuickReports comes with Delphi 3.

Chris Blain wrote in message <39945ae6$1_2@dnews>...
>I have an application that uses Quick Reports.  These reports have no code
>in the Implementation section, and it has always worked fine under 95,98,
>and NT.

>I try to run the app under windows 2000, and it gives me an access
violation
>when my project source code says:

>      Application.CreateForm(TqrVestTran, qrVestTran);

>Has anyone run into this before, or know how I could fix it?
>any help would be greatly appreciated.

>thanx.

Re:Problem with qr4.01 on Windows 2000

Hi Chris !

Chris Blain wrote:
> Sorry, I am using whatever version of QuickReports comes with Delphi 3.

Version 3.0.5 has been tested with Windows 2000 without any problems specific
to QuickReport. It's only released to D4 and D5.

-Kurt

Re:Problem with qr4.01 on Windows 2000

There is a known problem with QR running in Win2000 because of the extra
long Temp directory path.  I don't remember exactly what to do to fix this,
but if you search this newsgroup on Win2K you should find the answer.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Tom Nesler

Chris Blain <c_bl...@e{*word*277}.com> wrote in message news:39945e00_1@dnews...
> Sorry, I am using whatever version of QuickReports comes with Delphi 3.

> Chris Blain wrote in message <39945ae6$1_2@dnews>...
> >I have an application that uses Quick Reports.  These reports have no
code
> >in the Implementation section, and it has always worked fine under 95,98,
> >and NT.

> >I try to run the app under windows 2000, and it gives me an access
> violation
> >when my project source code says:

> >      Application.CreateForm(TqrVestTran, qrVestTran);

> >Has anyone run into this before, or know how I could fix it?
> >any help would be greatly appreciated.

> >thanx.

Other Threads