BDE Reports "At beginning of table"

Hi,
does anybody know in which circumstances does BDE report error "At beginning
of table"?
Our customer complain that our application raises this error.
I use Delphi 1 and Paradox tables.
Please help.

Thank you

Michal Motalik
CRO holding, spol. s r. o.
mota...@zl.inext.cz

Re:BDE Reports "At beginning of table"

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 14:39:54 +0200, "Michal Motalik"

<mota...@zl.inext.cz> wrote:
>Hi,
>does anybody know in which circumstances does BDE report error "At beginning
>of table"?
>Our customer complain that our application raises this error.
>I use Delphi 1 and Paradox tables.
>Please help.

>Thank you

>Michal Motalik
>CRO holding, spol. s r. o.
>mota...@zl.inext.cz

If you are already at the first record and you try to do Table1.Prior,
you will get the error. You will also get it if the table is empty.

Steve F (Team B)

Re:BDE Reports "At beginning of table"

>does anybody know in which circumstances does BDE report error "At beginning
>of table"?

 BDE error return value of DBIERR_BOFis  generated under 'certain'
circumstances when a valid current record can't be obtained. If unhandled,
one gets the 'at beginning of Table' message.

This will happen if you try to apply a range on, or filter, an empty detail
table; or if you try to empty a detail table that has a range or filter
applied. In this case you can put a single dummy record (one that always
falls outside the range or filter) in the table as a workaround.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads