Vendor init failure (15879) to Sybase

Hi,

I received a "Vendor initialisation failed msg , BDE error: 15879

I'm using BDE 5.01 and trying to 'connect' to a Sybase db. Any clues ?

Or, any examples of how to specify the database definition correctly ?

Peter

Re:Vendor init failure (15879) to Sybase

Usually this is caused by the BDE not being able to start the database driver.  Things to check are:
Is the path to the driver in your path statement?
Can the driver be initialized when you open it in the BDE Administrator?
If the driver is on a remote machine, are you connected to this machine?

jehos...@my-deja.com (Peter Richards) wrote:

>I received a "Vendor initialisation failed msg , BDE error: 15879 ...

Re:Vendor init failure (15879) to Sybase

Eric,

On 1 Dec 2000 03:25:47 -0800, "Eric Zayas" <Eric.Za...@att.net> wrote:

>Usually this is caused by the BDE not being able to start the database driver.  Things to check are:
>Is the path to the driver in your path statement?

Yes, the BDEADMIN is in "f:\progra~1\borland\common~1\bde" and the
PATH environment var is set to look there

>Can the driver be initialized when you open it in the BDE Administrator?

When I use the 'configuration' tab in bdeadmin, then
Configuration | Drivers | Native , I can see SYBASE as one of the
native drivers.

In the 'databases' tab, I can see the alias name that is setup. When I
try to  open the alias , the username/pwd prompts, I enter those, and
the msg appears.  The username/pwd are definitely okay.

There is additional info (sometimes), the msg is "Cannot load an IDAPI
service library. File: LIBSYBDB.DLL"

I installed the 'bdeadmin' as part of the Delphi 5 trial, so I don't
know if anything there has affected the bde side of things ??

>If the driver is on a remote machine, are you connected to this machine?

This is just local, a Sybase db in a folder on the same computer.

Peter

Other Threads