MS Sql Server -> Client side

simplest way (on client side) : no SQL Server client needed,
1 create an ODBC datasource (go Config.panel > 32 bits Date sources >
System data sources....)
2. create a BDE alias of SQL Server type (i.e ODBC) with DSN = name of
your ODBC DSN created above
3. Use a Tdatabase connected to that alias, in Delphi

Anthony

BillyTheHakker a crit :

> Does anyone knows which files or package is needed at client
> side to get connected with a SQL Server ?

> Delphi 4 Prof
> MS SQL Server 7

> Clients:
> Windows 98
> Windows ME
> Windows XP

Re:MS Sql Server -> Client side

Does anyone knows which files or package is needed at client
side to get connected with a SQL Server ?

Delphi 4 Prof
MS SQL Server 7

Clients:
Windows 98
Windows ME
Windows XP

Re:MS Sql Server -> Client side

>Does anyone knows which files or package is needed at client
>side to get connected with a SQL Server ?

1) BDE
2) MDAC
3) ntwdblib.dll

HTH, Rocco.

Re:MS Sql Server -> Client side

Thank you! Do you exactly know where i can find hese?
"Rocco Barbaresco" <rocco_barbare...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >Does anyone knows which files or package is needed at client
> >side to get connected with a SQL Server ?

> 1) BDE
> 2) MDAC
> 3) ntwdblib.dll

> HTH, Rocco.

Re:MS Sql Server -> Client side

>> 1) BDE

You should have it.

>> 2) MDAC
>> 3) ntwdblib.dll

From Microsoft site or in the SqlServer cd or in MSDN or in others
utilities cd.

Bye, Rocco.

Re:MS Sql Server -> Client side

Jep, found, up and running!
Great thanks!

> >> 1) BDE
> You should have it.

> >> 2) MDAC
> >> 3) ntwdblib.dll

> From Microsoft site or in the SqlServer cd or in MSDN or in others
> utilities cd.

> Bye, Rocco.

Re:MS Sql Server -> Client side

I use  for my MySQL-database the pakage zeos-lib a freeware pakage for the
use with delphi (3,4,5,6) to access different types of databases such as
MySQL, Ms SQL, Oracle, PostgreSql, Interbase. ( download from
www.zeoslib.org or www.sourceforge.net ) The pakage contains native
data-access components for a MS SQL-server. Then you don't have to use the
Borland Database Engine. The way with the BDE works fine, but you have to
install de BDE on every client-computer and version-conflicts are possible.

Goodluck Ronald.

"BillyTheHakker" <wlu...@lcsonline.nl> schreef in bericht

> Does anyone knows which files or package is needed at client
> side to get connected with a SQL Server ?

> Delphi 4 Prof
> MS SQL Server 7

> Clients:
> Windows 98