So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

2007-11-25 01:29:34 AM
delphi101
I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days. It has nothing to
do with Delphi, which I love. It has to do with TeamB and CodeGear.
I have enjoyed the time I have spent here, but it is probably time to move
on. I will soon not be using Delphi in my career anyway, so the relevance of
these newsgroups to my life is decreasing.
--
John M. Jacobson
Jake's Blog on Delphi and Programming: blogs.slcdug.org/jjacobson/

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

Jake, You're right. Enough is enough.

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

"John Jacobson" <jake@j[nospam]snewsreader.com>writes
I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days. It has nothing
to do with Delphi, which I love. It has to do with TeamB and CodeGear.

I have enjoyed the time I have spent here, but it is probably time to move
on. I will soon not be using Delphi in my career anyway, so the relevance
of these newsgroups to my life is decreasing.

Later, Jake! It was fun to disagree with you these many years. :)
With Turbo Pascal and Delphi, the community made the product in spite of the
company. And now it seems the loyal Delphi community is disbanding. I think
DevCo must still expect a new cult following to make their products
desirable, like they did in the past. These days I am not sure WHAT products
though. I just don't see that happening.
Have yourself some programming fun in whatever you do. Programming is an art
and a science and a way to get paid for solving puzzles all day long.
-Johnnie

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

Interested to sell the sources for your newsgroup reader?
After that, you can leave delphi in peace.

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

John,
Will be sorry to see you go!
Good luck in and with whatever!!!
11/24/2007 14:25:37
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

"John Jacobson" <jake@j[nospam]snewsreader.com>wrote in
I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days. It has
nothing to do with Delphi, which I love. It has to do with TeamB and
CodeGear.
..and I am just working my way back out of lurking mode. Sorry to see you
go. Good luck in your future endeavors.
--
Iman

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

"John Jacobson" wrote
I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days.
Live long and prosper, Jake. May our paths cross again.
bobD

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

"vizacc" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Interested to sell the sources for your newsgroup reader?
After that, you can leave delphi in peace.
It would not be practical for me to sell it. The code itself would not be
easy to make saleable, because there are too many third-party components and
libraries being used. Plus, I actually want to keep working on it, though it
looks like I will have to use Visual C++ for much of the additional
functionality (like PAR2 processing, etc.). In addition, I am not sure I have
a good way to tell what it is worth. I am not as pessimistic about it's
commercial possibilities as I used to be, so I would like to keep the option
open to turn it into a product.
It would make NO sense for me to rewrite it at this point.
Finally, it is not that I want to rid myself of Delphi altogether. I just
plan to stop participating in these newsgroups in a few days.

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

Finally, it is not that I want to rid myself of Delphi altogether. I just
plan to stop participating in these newsgroups in a few days.
So you've got board with us.{*word*211}of for good then;)

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

Enough of what?
Too many excuses for bad design and leadership ideas.

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

I actually want to keep working on it, though it
looks like I will have to use Visual C++ ..
You've got to stay focused in your vision mate. You get to distracted
by the noise and the future of coding blah blah, as microsoft would
like it to be. Hate to see you go....Good luck with the news reader,
its really hard work getting a v 1.0 out the door, as you can imagine,
and code gear has done a great job keeping delphi on the path to
success....

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

"John Jacobson" <jake@j[nospam]snewsreader.com>writes
I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days. It has nothing
to do with Delphi, which I love. It has to do with TeamB and CodeGear.

I have enjoyed the time I have spent here, but it is probably time to move
on. I will soon not be using Delphi in my career anyway, so the relevance
of these newsgroups to my life is decreasing.

Is there a paticular thread I missed? (I've been on holiday)
-d

Dennis Landi writes:

Is there a paticular thread I missed? (I've been on holiday)

His doctor told him that too many lemons lead to stomach ulcers...

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days. It has nothing
to do with Delphi, which I love. It has to do with TeamB and CodeGear.
Good luck trying to stay away.. I have tried, and it is easier said than done.
John

Re:So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

"Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>I will probably be leaving these newsgroups in a few days. It has nothing
>to do with Delphi, which I love. It has to do with TeamB and CodeGear.
>
>I have enjoyed the time I have spent here, but it is probably time to
>move on. I will soon not be using Delphi in my career anyway, so the
>relevance of these newsgroups to my life is decreasing.

Is there a paticular thread I missed? (I've been on holiday)
I've gotten tired of the humorless and insulting way CodeGear and TeamB
comport themselves, both in these newsgroups, and in the way they have
managed Delphi. The emperor has no clothes and I am not interested in helping
him wax the dolphin.