Paradox for .NET running on Linux & OS X...

2006-11-02 09:14:18 PM
delphi278
How about it DevCo? Can you please bring Paradox in to the future? I'm
sure there are many people that would benefit from a 2007 version which
is all .NET and runs on Windows, Linux, OS X and the Commodore 64.
I'll be setting up a web page with a survey to measure what people want
in this new product. If we get enough people responding to the survey,
as well as having people ask about it by regularly posting to this
newsgroup, I am sure DevCo will put forward the resources needed to get
this going.
:-P

Re:Paradox for .NET running on Linux & OS X...

Oliver Townshend writes:
>How about it DevCo? Can you please bring Paradox in to the future? I'm
>sure there are many people that would benefit from a 2007 version which is
>all .NET and runs on Windows, Linux, OS X and the Commodore 64.

They don't even own the product. Corel does.

Oliver Townshend

Doesn't matter. Buy it back. There's a market there.

David Clegg writes:
Diego writes:

>How about it DevCo? Can you please bring Paradox in to the future?
>I'm sure there are many people that would benefit from a 2007 version
>which is all .NET and runs on Windows, Linux, OS X and the Commodore
>64.

What about the Vic 20? I don't think DTG should be alienating any
potential customers.

Only the Vic 20 with the memory expansion. What was it? used to be from
3.5K to 20K?

David Clegg writes:
JED writes:

>You can lease one of my Commodore 64's from me if you want. I have 3
>of them!

I was actually thinking of buying one of those joysticks that connect
to the TV, and have all the classic C64 games on them.

One of the old Atari style joysticks, right? Loved those. I broke a few
waggling my joystick like mad playing Decathlon and HyperSports :)

David Clegg writes:
Diego writes:

>One of the old Atari style joysticks, right?

I think so. Actually it may have been you that sent me the link about
them.

>I broke a few waggling my joystick like mad

EEWW! Thats one mental image I never wanted etched into my brain. :-)

Yeah, broke the cover right off! :)

--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Diego writes:
I'll be setting up a web page with a survey to measure what people want
in this new product.
My God, this forum is becoming Borland.Public.Delphi.Post-A-Survey...
--
Robin.

Re:Paradox for .NET running on Linux & OS X...

Doesn't matter. Buy it back. There's a market there.
Its the worst database and most corrupting database I have ever used in my
life. Let me know when your survey is up so I can vote NO as often as
possible.
Oliver Townshend

Re:Paradox for .NET running on Linux & OS X...

What about the Vic 20?
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm
Visual Forms IDE Add In: www.jed-software.com/vf.htm

Re:Paradox for .NET running on Linux & OS X...

David Clegg writes:
mZ150053290620QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3544QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
And don't forget the added RAM
cgi.ebay.com.au/COMMODORE-VIC-20-16K-RAM-PACK-CARTRIDGE_W0QQitemZ
150053290644QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3543QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
--

JED writes:
You can lease one of my Commodore 64's from me if you want. I have 3
of them!
I was actually thinking of buying one of those joysticks that connect
to the TV, and have all the classic C64 games on them.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
cc.borland.com/Author.aspx
QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
qc.borland.com
"When will I learn? The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom
of a bottle, they're on TV!" - Homer Simpson

Diego writes:
One of the old Atari style joysticks, right?
I think so. Actually it may have been you that sent me the link about
them.
I broke a few waggling my joystick like mad
EEWW! Thats one mental image I never wanted etched into my brain. :-)
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
cc.borland.com/Author.aspx
QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
qc.borland.com
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's
even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Re:Paradox for .NET running on Linux & OS X...

>I'll be setting up a web page with a survey to measure what people
>want in this new product.

My God, this forum is becoming Borland.Public.Delphi.Post-A-Survey...

I might post a survey on peoples opinions on Non-Tech surveys. People
can use the results to plan the roadmap for future surveys they will be
posting to the newsgroup.
Craig.

Oliver Townshend writes:

They don't even own the product. Corel does.
Corel owns the Paradox *product*. Borland still owns the BDE, so there would
be no problem continuing to improve it if they wanted.
However, while the BDE was very good for many years, there are much better
choices now for new development. Borland has long since deprecated its SQL
Links, and I'd not recommend Paradox or Dbase for new development beyond
single user requirements.
--
Wayne Niddery - Winwright, Inc (www.winwright.ca)
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are