Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released. we are intereseted nor have the time right now to do beta test. I hope Borland does issue a new CD when the product becomes stable. Having to apply patches to a brand new product is a sign of poor quality
Thank you

Re:Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

Gary Richardson writes:
Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be
released. we are intereseted nor have the time right now to do beta
test. I hope Borland does issue a new CD when the product becomes
stable. Having to apply patches to a brand new product is a sign of
poor quality
D2005 is released. There will also be a patch. I doubt very much there will
be another, different, version of D2005 released (i.e. with patches
pre-installed). If Borland feels there is justification for additional
patches down the road, they will be released too.
While there are some issues, some having to do with memory usage, most
people are finding it more than stable enough and are happily working with
it.
"The two most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity." - Harlan Ellison

Gary Richardson writes:
Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be
released. we are intereseted nor have the time right now to do beta
test. I hope Borland does issue a new CD when the product becomes
stable. Having to apply patches to a brand new product is a sign of
poor quality
Very well said.

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
While there are some issues, some having to do with memory usage,
most people are finding it more than stable enough and are happily
working with it.
Might I ask where you get this impression from?
--
Derek Davidson
www.ebsms.com

Re:Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

"Gary Richardson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in

Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be
released. we are intereseted nor have the time right now to do beta
test. I hope Borland does issue a new CD when the product becomes
stable. Having to apply patches to a brand new product is a sign of
poor quality

Thank you

As with any new release of software, I suggest you go away and come back in
6 months if you want to avoid the "early adopter" problems.
Remember, the "pioneers" are identified by the arrows in their backs!
(For those of you not familiar with the early US history, their were
frequent battles between native Indians and early European settlers)

"Derek Davidson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:

>While there are some issues, some having to do with memory usage,
>most people are finding it more than stable enough and are happily
>working with it.

Might I ask where you get this impression from?

I'd like to know where he gets this impression also, everyone in our office feels they simply slapped a bunch of new bells and whistle together jammed them in a box, half tested and called it a new release.

Re:Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

best case: new version, new bugs ...
worst case: new version, new bugs + old bugs ...
"Gary Richardson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released.
we are intereseted nor have the time right now to do beta test. I hope
Borland does issue a new CD when the product becomes stable. Having to apply
patches to a brand new product is a sign of poor quality

Thank you

Re:Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

The memory issue is a very serious issue.I keep on getting outofmemory error
after compiling few delphi applications.Then i have to shut down & restart
the os.This is required to be solved soon.
If Borland can come out with a patch soon it will earn the respect of
developers.Otherwise it will lose its eminence
A patch was supposed to be released in early december.It is yet to come.This
is not fair to us. since we trusted Borland(inspite of delphi 8)
Venkatesh

In article <41bb8e87$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
A patch was supposed to be released in early december.It is yet to come.This
is not fair to us. since we trusted Borland(inspite of delphi 8)

Did you actually think you would have a patch in early December?

Re:Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

In article <41bb65fe$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM
says...
Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:

>While there are some issues, some having to do with memory usage,
>most people are finding it more than stable enough and are happily
>working with it.

Might I ask where you get this impression from?

Well, I am working with it with very little problems. Any problems I do
have are not of the show stopper variety and I class them as nuisances.
--
John
Life is complex. It has real and imaginary parts

Derek Davidson writes:

Might I ask where you get this impression from?
- From these groups, there have been plenty of positive posts about D2005
along with those reporting problems
- From people I personally know that are using it
- From my own experience
It's ok to talk about the problems Derek, but ignoring the positive posts is
a little disingenuous.
“It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can
stand by itself.?- Thomas Jefferson

VT Venkatesh writes:
The memory issue is a very serious issue.I keep on getting
outofmemory error after compiling few delphi applications.Then i have
to shut down & restart the os.
The *OS*? First time I have heard that one. I am aware that many people have
reported having to shut down *Delphi* and restart it, and yes, for those
people the problem is definiely to be considered *serious*, but not everyone
is experiencing this. I have never had it yet (I have experienced D2005
slowing down to the point of needing to restart it, but no out of memory or
OS problems).
This is required to be solved soon.
Agreed, and I think it will be.
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
unfamiliar territory." - Paul Fix

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
It's ok to talk about the problems Derek, but ignoring the positive
posts is a little disingenuous.
Who's ignoring the positive posts? I made a fair few of them myself.
Just a gentle reminder: All I asked, was where you got your impression
from.
--
Derek Davidson
www.ebsms.com
Send SMS Text messages from your PC. For FREE!

Re:Anyone know if and when a stable version of Delphi 2005 will be released

Apparently 12th or 13th of December (I've been told) .... originally
10th of December - but a few days of delay.

"Derek Davidson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote
Who's ignoring the positive posts?
I made a fair few of them myself.
Indeed ! I am a happy owner of D2005 largely thanks to
Derek's post about the product ;-)
Derek your 'Preliminary Report' review post
here in nontech was great !
JoeH