SMS Sender in Delphi.

2005-08-17 03:35:57 PM
delphi250
Hi, I need a hand. I want to know, is possible to send sms based on web service with delphi?
I've found many many scripts/codes named as "SMS Sender" but all of the codes does not send the sms by itself. Those codes only capable to transfer the message with XML script to another sms web service. As the fact, that web service who send the message to the cellular phone. I don't want sms sender methode like that. I need to build the real sms sender based on web service independently which does not take an advantage from an other sms service. Who can help me to show the door?
Thank you.

Re:SMS Sender in Delphi.

Riza Anshari writes:
I've found many many scripts/codes named as "SMS Sender" but all of
the codes does not send the sms by itself. Those codes only capable to
transfer the message with XML script to another sms web service. As
the fact, that web service who send the message to the cellular phone.
I don't want sms sender methode like that. I need to build the real
sms sender based on web service independently which does not take an
advantage from an other sms service. Who can help me to show the door?
Er...first you need the necessary hardware (ie a cellular phone or a
suitable modem) and a connection to some SMS provider. Just "plain
internet" won't do.
--
Ben

Re:SMS Sender in Delphi.

Ben Hochstrasser <bhoc@tiscali123^H^H^H.ch>writes:
Riza Anshari writes:

>I've found many many scripts/codes named as "SMS Sender" but all of
>the codes does not send the sms by itself. Those codes only capable to
>transfer the message with XML script to another sms web service. As
>the fact, that web service who send the message to the cellular phone.
>I don't want sms sender methode like that. I need to build the real
>sms sender based on web service independently which does not take an
>advantage from an other sms service. Who can help me to show the door?

Er...first you need the necessary hardware (ie a cellular phone or a
suitable modem) and a connection to some SMS provider. Just "plain
internet" won't do.

--
Ben
Internet User --- Internet Protocol --- SMS Gateway -- GSM Modem --- GSM Network ---- SMS Service Center --- Destination Cellular
Your way can we illustrate as scheme above, isn't it? The
system that i mean might be illustrated with folowing scheme:
Internet User --- Internet Protocol --- SMS Gateway --- Internet Protocol --- SMS Service Center --- Destination Cellular
Is it possible to build the system above with Delphi (or other
language may be)

Re:SMS Sender in Delphi.

Riza Anshari writes:
Internet User --- Internet Protocol --- SMS Gateway --- Internet
Protocol --- SMS Service Center --- Destination Cellular

Is it possible to build the system above with Delphi (or other
language may be)
Sure. The question remains where exactly to send a packet and what contract
you need. (You do need a contract with an SMS and/or cellular phone
provider)
Cheapest would be to hook up your own cellular phone directly. Check out
"floAT's Mobile Agent" (google) if you have a SonyEricsson cellular phone.
Source is in Delphi, and available.
--
Ben

Re:SMS Sender in Delphi.

That depends on the Country - there's different charging rates per country.
Contact Vodafone or whoever is your mobile provider and they can put you
into with aggregators for SMS. Then you can just use an internet
connection to broadcast the messages.
Regards,
Richard.
Riza Anshari writes:

>Internet User --- Internet Protocol --- SMS Gateway --- Internet
>Protocol --- SMS Service Center --- Destination Cellular
>
>Is it possible to build the system above with Delphi (or other
>language may be)

Sure. The question remains where exactly to send a packet and what
contract
you need. (You do need a contract with an SMS and/or cellular phone
provider)

Cheapest would be to hook up your own cellular phone directly. Check out
"floAT's Mobile Agent" (google) if you have a SonyEricsson cellular phone.
Source is in Delphi, and available.

--
Ben

Re:SMS Sender in Delphi.

Yes, the GSM network and Internet are not connected "naturally", but
there are service providers offers SMS service via IP using protocols
such as SMPP.
You can find a free SMS Sender software that links up to a mobilephone
here -
www.visualgsm.com/products_vgsmlite.htm
Regards,
Joshua Lim