Microsoft Vs Borland

2005-04-24 06:02:59 AM
delphi102
My prediction from all the threads on Microsoft and that of
Borland is:
1. Microsoft will eventually buy Borland. The latter has been
towing the line.
2. Delphi (.NET) will be folded into Visual Studio.NET
3. Most Borland Software products will be absorbed, some
competing products from Borland will be dropped, or
re-painted with Microsoft name.
4. Microsoft will be forced to support other platform like Linux
because of Borland's support for other platforms.
5. Microsoft, once again, will rule the world.
6. And because of the above, Sun Microsystem will heand into
sunset. And other companies like IBM, HP, will....

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

My prediction from all the threads on Microsoft and that of
Borland is:

1. Microsoft will eventually buy Borland. The latter has been
towing the line.
Considering the lack of conpetitors that MS has in development tools,
other than tiny niches smaller than Borland, would it be legal even.
Craig
www.h3k.biz

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

Gbenga A{*word*73}la writes:
5. Microsoft, once again, will rule the world.
When did they rule the world? :)
--
blogs.slcdug.org/esaputra
Delphi Setting Manager - www.codeline.net

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

My prediction from all the threads on Microsoft and that of
Borland is:

1. Microsoft will eventually buy Borland. The latter has been
towing the line.
2. Delphi (.NET) will be folded into Visual Studio.NET
3. Most Borland Software products will be absorbed, some
competing products from Borland will be dropped, or
re-painted with Microsoft name.
4. Microsoft will be forced to support other platform like Linux
because of Borland's support for other platforms.
5. Microsoft, once again, will rule the world.
6. And because of the above, Sun Microsystem will heand into
sunset. And other companies like IBM, HP, will....

Other than Delphi, I do not think that Borland has any serious product.
- BCB : death for last few years
- Together : very nice but permature and unlikely to recover
- Kylix : still born / death on birth
- BuilderX : just an worthless junk
- JBuilder : never stable
Borland's support for Linux ? You must be joking:))

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

- BCB : death for last few years
- Together : very nice but permature and unlikely to recover
- Kylix : still born / death on birth
- BuilderX : just an worthless junk
- JBuilder : never stable
-Delphi 2005: still un-stable due to .Net stuff, Delphi 7 was, nice backslide!

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

Lerac Koljvitzy writes:
- Together : very nice but permature and unlikely to recover
Huh? Interesting assessment of a profitable, unmatched product.
You forgot StarTeam, Interbase, and Caliber, not to mention OptimizeIt,
Visibroker, Janeva, and JDatastore.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

i look to Borland's product from my brain
and look to MS product from my pocket
------------------------

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:
Lerac Koljvitzy writes:

>- Together : very nice but permature and unlikely to recover

Huh? Interesting assessment of a profitable, unmatched product.

You forgot StarTeam, Interbase, and Caliber, not to mention
OptimizeIt, Visibroker, Janeva, and JDatastore.
Plus NDatastore is in the works and BCB is being resurrected in the
Delphi IDE (a good move IMO). And I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss
JBuilder. I defy anyone to find another IDE with the same productivity
features.
Oh, and Delphi rocks. :)
True, Borland has had its fair share of{*word*222}ups (again, IMO), but I
think Lerac's "analysis" is a little uninformed.
--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

- BCB : death for last few years
From what I have heard, priming for a new version...
-BKN

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

Gbenga A{*word*73}la writes:

My prediction from all the threads on Microsoft and that of
Borland is:
"all the threads"? that is some heavy reading!

1. Microsoft will eventually buy Borland. The latter has been
towing the line.
You might want to check the stock holder list. Microsoft already owns a
piece of Borland. While your revelation may be new to you, the
speculation of a Borland buy-out by Microsoft is old news. That
subject as been hacked to death over the years. Actually, it is
unlikely to happen. Microsoft needs and independent Borland, just like
it needs Apple (where they also dumped a chunk of money) in order to
have the appearance of competition. if either of those falls to far,
Microsoft will problem give them a little boost to keep them afloat.
--
David Farrell-Garcia
Whidbey Island Software LLC

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

At 00:02:59, 24.04.2005, Gbenga A{*word*73}la writes:

My prediction from all the threads on Microsoft and that of
Borland is:

1. Microsoft will eventually buy Borland. The latter has been
towing the line.
LOL!
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

Bruce McGee writes:

True, Borland has had its fair share of{*word*222}ups (again, IMO), but I
think Lerac's "analysis" is a little uninformed.
No kidding.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

vermicule writes:
Until it fails.
Everything passes eventually.
You mean they'll do the Roman Empire thing? Can I buy tickets?
--
Ben

Re:Microsoft Vs Borland

"Gbenga A{*word*73}la" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
My prediction from all the threads on Microsoft and that of
Borland is:

1. Microsoft will eventually buy Borland. The latter has been
towing the line.
Very unlikely.
They can always cherry-pick the best brains at Borland.
In addition, leaving Borland as a quasi-independent entity helps reduce
the risk of succesful anti-trust suits.
2. Delphi (.NET) will be folded into Visual Studio.NET
More likely that it will follow the JBuilder path and become just
a set of plugins for Eclipse.
Chrome from Rem Objects already has the Object Pascal in VS niche.

Ben Hochstrasser <bhoc@tiscali123^H^H^H.ch>writes:
vermicule writes:

>Until it fails.
>Everything passes eventually.

You mean they'll do the Roman Empire thing? Can I buy tickets?
Might last as long as the Roman empire. :-(