email support system?

2007-04-10 10:37:39 PM
delphi278
Anyone care to recommend an email support system where various indivuals can
work on a queue of support emails? Needs to run on Windows.
Thank you,
Ed Dressel

Re:email support system?

I've been using HelpSpot, and have been really happy. it is web-based, but
I've got it installed on a Windows 2003 Server box and it is going
gangbusters. I was (and still am) not a big fan of web based apps for the
most part. I never was able to find a good Windows-based product, and was a
good ways into developing my own when I discovered HelpSpot. it is not
perfect, but it is damn good.
www.userscape.com
I should also note that I use FogBugz as well, and originally used it as my
helpdesk product, but found that management of the support queue was
difficult, searching was very slow, but that mostly the focus of FogBugz is
defect management and implementation, whereas the focus of HelpSpot is on
customer service. it is a subtle difference, but an important one. I still
use FogBugz for our bug and feature tracking, because it is better than
HelpSpot in that regard.
Hope this helps.
--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited

Re:email support system?

Ed Dressel writes:
Anyone care to recommend an email support system where various indivuals can
work on a queue of support emails? Needs to run on Windows.
This might be larger than what you are looking for but we use ITSM from
Epicor. it is feature rich and very customizable.
www.epicor.com/www/byneed/ITHelpDesk.htm
or
tinyurl.com/2bdges
Rich Bakos

Re:email support system?

Have a look at OnTime 2007 from Axosoft.
www.axosoft.com

Re:email support system?

I have Axosoft--and love it. Does it have an email support queue?
--
Ed Dressel
"Mike Fitzgerald" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Have a look at OnTime 2007 from Axosoft.

www.axosoft.com

Re:email support system?

Hi Ed.
I haven't tried it yet, but the new version is supposed to have many
improvements in its help desk capabilities. There is a mention of e-mail
queueing here, although this may not be what you need...
www.axosoft.com/products/ontime_addons.aspx
How long have you been using OnTime and what version are you using?
Good luck,
- Mike
"Ed Dressel" <none>writes

Ed Dressel writes:
I have Axosoft--and love it. Does it have an email support queue?
I just started playing with it for a very small support team. Maybe
there is a better way, but what I did was to create a queue as a
project and all email you setup to be retrieved by OnTme will go to
that queue (project). You can setup multiple e-mail accounts to be
retrieved by the system, setup triggers, add as many people as you want
to be notified whe changes occur - on and on ...............
Femi
--

Re:email support system?

Thanks.
How long have you been using OnTime and what version are you using?
a bit over a year--latest version. pretty happy with it. nice stuff.

Re:email support system?

Tim Sullivan writes:
I should also note that I use FogBugz as well, and originally used it as
my helpdesk product, but found that management of the support queue was
difficult, searching was very slow,
Oh my god, something the high and mighty Joel created is slow and in
areas difficult? Guess he spends to much time blogging :-)
--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design

Re:email support system?

Oh my god, something the high and mighty Joel created is slow and in areas
difficult? Guess he spends to much time blogging :-)
Well, it is more to do with the environment I was using. I am sure that under
MS SQL it does full text searches quite rapidly, but I was using it with just
standard MDB data, so it was slow. There is no question that the product is
excellent, and I have been very happy with it overall, but it just isn't the
best tool for managing a support queue. It is, however, the best tool for
tracking bugs and feature requests.
If you think he blogs too much, you don't read his site that much.
--
Tim Sullivan
Unlimited Intelligence Limited
www.uil.net

Re:email support system?

I like Timpani from Live Person. It provides a gui app to do email
processing as well as you can do live chats if you so wish.
Lance
"Ed Dressel" <none>writes