Re: Components4Developers have a new look!

2005-11-12 12:40:55 AM
delphi47
Hi,
Thank you for the comments!
Ill have a look at it after I return from the Firebird Conference in Prague... in a weeks time.
--
best regards
Kim Madsen
"Scott Martin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i en meddelelse news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I think he meant that you show the first sentence (or a set # chars) of the user's comment
and have a more link instead of having 'Comment 1' with a more link. Like you have
on the main page.

I do not think he meant for you to create a short summary 'interpretation'.

The user comments menu list each as User Comment # and as the title is not what I would
call good context for the website. Makes it look incomplete, or a quick hack.

IMO, I'd remove the titles, are change how they are displayed.

Regards,
Scott.

Re: Components4Developers have a new look!

I think he meant that you show the first sentence (or a set # chars) of
the
user's comment
and have a more link instead of having 'Comment 1' with a more link. Like
you have
on the main page.

I do not think he meant for you to create a short summary
'interpretation'.
I meant either - whichever made the most sense. My main point was that he
needs something more meaningful than a link saying 'comment 7' without any
meaningful additional material.
If I see a list of comments 1-13 labelled comment1-comment 13 and with no
extra info, I couldn't be bothered clicking on them to find out what they
are about and in fact I didn't.
I think a title (e.g. 'Jim Smith of XYZ software') and the first 15 words or
250 characters of the article would be better.
Anyway, that was my 2c.
Lauchlan M