Re: I really need your help!!

2003-09-17 11:26:42 PM
delphi202
"Rogelio Argueta" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I have a problem that is very strange to me. I installed Delphi 5 on
WinXP as Administrator and is working fine.

But, when I switch to another user, there are some options in the main
menu that doesn't appear and the palette is different.

How can I solve this?
Copy the HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0 registry key from the
Administrator's account to the other user's account.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: I really need your help!!

Hi all!
I have a problem that is very strange to me. I installed Delphi 5 on
WinXP as Administrator and is working fine.
But, when I switch to another user, there are some options in the main
menu that doesn't appear and the palette is different.
How can I solve this?
Thank you in advance.
RAH

Re: I really need your help!!

"Rogelio Argueta" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
But now I have another problem. I need to make a project using an
Access database but when I set the "connected" property to "true", an
error appear. I posted the "image" of this error in the
borland.public.attachments newsgroup
No idea. I use ADO/Jet to connect to Access databases. Try asking in .bde.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: I really need your help!!

Thank you Ignacio!! it worked!!.
But now I have another problem. I need to make a project using an
Access database but when I set the "connected" property to "true", an
error appear. I posted the "image" of this error in the
borland.public.attachments newsgroup

Re: I really need your help!!

Ok, Ignacio. Thank you. I will do it.

--
No, don't send me e-mail directly. No, just don't.

Re: I really need your help!!

"Rogelio Argueta" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I need these missing options, how can I increase the user's memory in
order to load these keys? (I have 512MB in RAM and I thinks that is
enough.)
No idea. I myself have 107 packages, plus GExperts and ModelMaker experts in
D7E under Win2000, so I have no clue as to how to go about solving that
issue.
Sorry,
Ignacio

Re: I really need your help!!

I've found something. If I erase the key
HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0\expert and
HKCU\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0\known ide packages
the problem disappears, but I have lost some of the options in my main
menu, specifically in the "Tools\Environment options" and
"Tools\Debbuger Options" menus.
I think that is logical, because I am releasing "stuffs" from memory, but
Ignacio Vazquez writes:
"Rogelio Argueta" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

>But now I have another problem. I need to make a project using an
>Access database but when I set the "connected" property to "true", an
>error appear. I posted the "image" of this error in the
>borland.public.attachments newsgroup

No idea. I use ADO/Jet to connect to Access databases. Try asking in .bde.

Cheers,
Ignacio

Re: I really need your help!!

ok, no problem. Thank you anyway!

Rogelio Argueta writes:
I have a problem that is very strange to me. I installed Delphi 5 on
WinXP as Administrator and is working fine.

But, when I switch to another user, there are some options in the main
menu that doesn't appear and the palette is different.

How can I solve this?
For each account on which Delphi should run, you should do a
registry-only install. There is an option for that in the installation
program. It doesn't copy any files, but it sets up the registry for that
account.
This was a perfect question to ask on borland.public.install.delphi.
--
Rob