newbie. Open a mysql database and view a table.

2006-03-17 12:19:21 AM
delphi169
Hello,
can anyone write me the simplest code that
- connect to a database of a MySQL server. (this step with dbexpress
seem simple, and works...)
- view a table of the database opened in a dbgrid.
I think it is simple... but no so simple for me!
thanks in advance!
Filippo

Re:newbie. Open a mysql database and view a table.

Filippo F. writes:
Hello,
can anyone write me the simplest code that
- connect to a database of a MySQL server. (this step with dbexpress
seem simple, and works...)
- view a table of the database opened in a dbgrid.

I think it is simple... but no so simple for me!
thanks in advance!
Filippo
the trick is getting all the connections made, from
SQLConnection ->SQLDS ->DSP ->CDS ->DS ->DBGrid
check out the stuff by
bob swart (eg. www.thedelphimagazine.com/samples/1540/1540.htm )
or cary jensen (eg. bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28876,00.html )