sorting by a calculated field

2005-11-22 06:21:08 PM
delphi223
Hi,
I create a calculated field on my query which calculates by complex
rules and i calculate this field on OnCalcFields event. The problem is
to sort my datas by this column on Dbgrid. I couldn't solve it. Thanks.

Re:sorting by a calculated field

hey friend.. I am not glad to tell you this, but, you can not sort records
by calculated fields.. they don't store any data.. they only display
the data after they're calculated, but don't store them.
So. that is cauz' you will can not sort by calculaterd fields!
hugs
Kelver Merlotti

Re:sorting by a calculated field

Hi Kelver, thank u very much for your sincere answer. Yes, i have
searched for this problem on the net, and ask it to many forums.The
answer was as same as yours :) But i have heard about a 3rd party
component (DevExpress QuantumGrid) that can sort even by a calculated
field. I will try it. Thanks a lot.
Hugs,
Ugur

Re:sorting by a calculated field

Hoi Ugur and Kelver
This newsgroup do not officially exist, that is why there are so few
posts here. About how and where to use the Borland news groups you need
to know this.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>