Looking for a Btrieve Component Other than Titan

I don't know what is going on at Titan, but I can't get any support.
I have to unfinnished applications that are getting 'Range Check'
errors when attempting to write to a BFloat Field that has a length of
8 bytes.  The 4 byte version works fine.  I ahve sent 20 emails to
Peter Blair with no response.  Several were cc'd to support.  I called
the 800 number and the emergency number that they gave me.  Still
nothing.

I have used Titan for a while and have had no problems with it up to
now.

I need a similar style component.  Does anyone know of one?

                         BYTE/WIDE Software, Inc.
        "The lack of reason is overcome by the passion of belief"
                        <<<<< c...@totcon.com >>>>>

Re:Looking for a Btrieve Component Other than Titan

Cj:

(Copy sent via email)

I have the fix!

It turns out that when I was writing the data conversions I had to change a
variable declaration to get things to compile, and in doing so I was reading
the wrong byte.? I have fixed the code in BTRCONV.PAS, and have included the
routine below.

Procedure DoubleToBFloat( Var BFloat; DBL : Double );
Var
? Exponent : SmallInt;
? Buffer????? : MemArray Absolute DBL;
? i?????????????? : Integer;
begin
? Exponent := Buffer[ 7 ] AND $7F;
? Exponent := ( Exponent SHL 4 ) + ( Buffer [ 6 ] SHR 4 );
? if ( Exponent <> 0 ) then
? begin
??? Exponent := ( Exponent - $3FF ) + $81;
??? MemArray( BFloat )[ 7 ] := Byte( Exponent );
??? MemArray( BFloat )[ 6 ] := ( Buffer [ 7 ] AND $80 ) + Byte( ( Buffer [ 6 ]
AND $0F ) SHL 3 ) +
??????????????????????????????? Byte( Buffer [ 5 ] SHR 5 );
??? For i := 5 Downto 1 do
????? MemArray( BFloat )[ i ] := Byte( Buffer [ i ] SHL 3 ) + Byte( Buffer [
Pred( i ) ] SHR 5 );
??? MemArray( BFloat )[ 0 ] := Byte (Buffer [ 0 ] SHL 3 );
? end
? else
??? MoveZero( BFloat, SizeOf( Double ) );
end;

Basically, all indexes into Buffer[] should be decremented by one.?
Everything now works great.? I hope you have the source code so you can make
the fix right away, if not, please advise and I'll get you the password.

Cheers,

In article <35ccb061.4052...@news.totcon.com>,