Debugging in the IDE in protected mode?

Is it possible to debug (using F7, F8, F4 and so on) in protected mode?

 I think I have read somewhere that something about using a devicedriver in
the config.sys. Or do I have to use TDe{*word*81}?

Can someone help me with this? If this is in the manuals (which it should be),
I would like to know what book and page.

TIA! I start to dislike to use "write(#7);" in my programs... :)

/Jonas
| Who? Me?: Jonas Steverud                         | If All is One,      |
| EMail...: d4jo...@dtek.chalmers.se               |  is then One All?   |
| Home....: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/%7Ed4jonas |                     |

Re:Debugging in the IDE in protected mode?

d4jo...@dtek.chalmers.se (Jonas Steverud) wrote:
> I think I have read somewhere that something about using a devicedriver in
>the config.sys. Or do I have to use TDe{*word*81}?

I only write code in DPMI compliant mode, and yes, it is possible.
td386 is exclusively for use in debugging real mode applications, and
as I have found out recently, does not work well on some new
motherboards.

http://www.webworldinc.com/joejared/index.htm
ftp://webworldinc.com/joejared/
--- Fidoknot v1.0